Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

LY to move to LHR T4 on April 26

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze

I just looked at the schedule, and it seems that starting April 26, LY will operate from LHR T4 instead of T1. Just though you should know.
Also confirmed here: http://www.heathrowairport.com/fligh.../airline-moves

It is a shame they can't operate from T3, or, even better, T2, as FI did manage to negotiate their way into T2...
Anyone knows if LY will open a KD lounge in T4, or will they use a 3rd party lounge?

EDIT: 1st departure from T4 is on April 25 (a Saturday). First landing on April 26.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
T2 is basically only *A. The only non-related to *A are FI and EI, both of whom are not part of alliances, and have close relationships with a number of *A airlines.

I still don't understand T3/4.

I feel that eventually, BA will move all operations into a potentially expanded T5, and T3 will become a VS/ST hub. T4 would seem about right then for LY
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B436 Safari/600.1.4)

T5 is just too small to accommodate all BA operations (and IB's) so T5 & T3 it will be for now...

As for LY moving, didn't realise it was going to be as soon as April and would indeed be interesting to hear what the lounge plans are.

T2 would have been fantastic, what with the excellent lounge options available to any PP holders (including a great UA lounge and brand new arrivals lounge open all day) but it was never going to happen...

Last edited by clubman; Dec 20, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The UA lounge wouldn't have helped any LY flyers unless they also happened to be UC members, which I'm guessing is a small subset (especially when looking at those who care about LY, meaning FFs on LY who are also UC members).

I understand that's the case with BA, but didn't they announce at some point a plan to enlarge C while potentially adding more space? If so, it's not like they have that many operations out of T3
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
The UA lounge wouldn't have helped any LY flyers unless they also happened to be UC members
Or Priority Pass, as I mentioned above...

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I understand that's the case with BA, but didn't they announce at some point a plan to enlarge C while potentially adding more space? If so, it's not like they have that many operations out of T3
I think there is a plan, but not sure of the details, but in the meantime their operations out of T3 are about to increase (The terminal itself is a mess but I really like the lounges).
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubman
Or Priority Pass, as I mentioned above...
Ah, didn't see the PP, though I'm pretty sure UA is in the process of ending their relationship with Priority Pass.

Chase already forced them to end their relationship with Amex, and with Chase's growing "The Lounge Club" (or something like that,) it's ending. I'm surprised it's still around - they no longer advertise that on the UA site even.

Regardless, this was really sidetracked!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze

LY will use plaza premium lounge:
http://www.tnet.org.il/sitefiles/1/2444/91072.asp
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So no KDL at LHR anymore - end of an era, unless there is something in the plan?

The Plaza Premium lounge (which hasn't actually opened yet) if anything like the one in T2, should be pretty nice, although I wonder whether they've come to some arrangement with them regarding kosher food.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
So no KDL at LHR anymore - end of an era, unless there is something in the plan?

The Plaza Premium lounge (which hasn't actually opened yet) if anything like the one in T2, should be pretty nice, although I wonder whether they've come to some arrangement with them regarding kosher food.
Isn't it great that I chose just now to move from EL AL to BA?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
According to this news itewm on the EL AL website, the Plaza Premium lounge will be used by EL AL until the end of the year:

"EL AL's Business Class passengers will be hosted at the new Plaza Premium Lounge located in Terminal 4, until the re-opening of the King David Lounge in Terminal 4 at the end of the year."

http://www.elal.com/en/About-ELAL/Ab...ge-210415.aspx
Old May 5, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: AF Club 2000, LH Senator, LY Top Plat, HHonors Diamond

There was no kosher food until last week, I complained to LY's TPlat desk and they came back to me saying they would arrange something asap, probably as of this week already. Will test soon.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by mbloch
There was no kosher food until last week, I complained to LY's TPlat desk and they came back to me saying they would arrange something asap, probably as of this week already. Will test soon.
Isn't it wonderful that I can get kosher food in the BA lounge in T5 but not in the lounge EL AL use in T4?

Just shows how much EL AL care for their premium passengers!
Old May 6, 2015, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by mikebg
Isn't it wonderful that I can get kosher food in the BA lounge in T5 but not in the lounge EL AL use in T4?

Just shows how much EL AL care for their premium passengers!
Come on... it always takes time when making a move...
Old May 6, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Come on... it always takes time when making a move...
... as if they didn't know until the last minute that they were moving ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.