Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

ELAL, the world's 3rd worse "on time" performer...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ELAL, the world's 3rd worse "on time" performer...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by N830MH
First/Business Class had to get onboard first, pre-board is only for strollers, disability, wheelchairs to get inside the aircraft first before other passengers to allowed into the entire aircraft. The highest frequent fliers miles program have to be in the zone 1 before the general member to come onboard.
I think you misunderstand EL AL's boarding model. I actually find it far superior to the other airlines. Ask yourself: where are you more comfortable? In the lounge, or on the aircraft? So why on earth do premium poassengers get boarded first on most airlines? EL AL waits until the economy passengers have mostly boarded before calling business class and wait for most of business class to board before calling first class. Far better in my view.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I find the "everyone board now" to be the least sophisticated sounding but the best one overall. It boards the fastest (anecdotally and empirically) and leaves the boarding area the most civil among airlines.

(WN's actually remains civil, but it has tons of lines of people)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.