Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Has anyone Gotten TSA PreCheck when Flying LY?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA

I have yet to get PreCheck when flying LY (ex-EWR).
Before anyone says, "they're not a carrier on the list," I know many people who have gotten it for a variety of reasons - officially printed on their BPs.

Anyone ever get it, officially printed or not?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:07 am

Very interesting. I also was of the impression that they are not a carrier on the list. I do Global entry so would love to participate in pre-check. I hate walking barefoot ( or just in stockings) on the dirty JFK floor.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Ya, I have 100% success with UA thanks to GE.
I've also been funneled into the line when flying BA by showing my GE card instead of my passport.

Zero luck with LY though
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I a now getting it domestically (thanks to UA), despite not having a green card or citizenship. Still waiting for GE to be available - promised as part of a reciprocity agreement with Australia
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
PreCheck requires the airline to be able to A) interface with the TSA's system and B) be able to accept TSA output for marking the boarding pass.

Does anyone here think LY has an IT department that's competent to carry that out?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by entropy
PreCheck requires the airline to be able to A) interface with the TSA's system and B) be able to accept TSA output for marking the boarding pass.

Does anyone here think LY has an IT department that's competent to carry that out?
Not even when Hell freezes over.
They couldn't care less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.