Search

Question about points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
Question about points

Hi everyone,

I have a 250 points on Elal (I don't fly with them that often).
Does anyone knows when they will be expired? Can't find it on the website.

Also, if I don't plan on flying with them what can I do with 250 points? is there a cheap round trip I can take from TLV or within the states? Can it be applied to UP (the airline)?

thanks
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by cacohenassaf

I have a 250 points on Elal (I don't fly with them that often).
Does anyone knows when they will be expired? Can't find it on the website
Depends on whether they were partner points or flying points.
If the former, they won't expire and if the latter, 3 years from date accumulated, which no one here would know other than you of course.
If you log into your Matmid account and check your statement, it will clearly show you points that are about to expire and when.

is there a cheap round trip I can take from TLV or within the states? Can it be applied to UP (the airline)?
Nowhere near enough points for a flight to the states (1400 return), but yes, you can use them on UP flights.

250 points would get a return to LCA (Larnaca) or TXL (Berlin) for example...
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by clubman
It would be SXF rather than TXL though and whilst 250 points would be enough for a return to LCA it would only be enough for a one way to SXF.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Depends on whether they were partner points or flying points.
If the former, they won't expire and if the latter, 3 years from date accumulated, which no one here would know other than you of course.
If you log into your Matmid account and check your statement, it will clearly show you points that are about to expire and when.

Nowhere near enough points for a flight to the states (1400 return), but yes, you can use them on UP flights.

Got it, I believe it was about 2 years ago so they are still good for a year. I would check my statements (usually i just ignore them).

Originally Posted by economyman
It would be SXF rather than TXL though and whilst 250 points would be enough for a return to LCA it would only be enough for a one way to SXF.
Thank you both, I thought that a close destination like cyprus would be with the 250 points. I work more with UA so I would take the Berlin destination in consideration while returning with LH.

Funny I always thought that ELAL had a bad points system but for just a round trip to AMS it's worth it... oh well I switched to UA.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by economyman
Absolutely, I meant to say one way as it requires exactly double the points of LCA.

Didn't realise it was SXF they flew into, thanks...
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

BTW, do you guys know anything about the code share? if I want to fly within the US, lets say NYC to LAX, is it possible to redeem the points on AA flights?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if I want to fly within the US, lets say NYC to LAX, is it possible to redeem the points on AA flights?
pretty sure the answer is no, but perhaps someone else can confirm.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

The main reason for the points is redemption, if it is limited to elal destinations its a real bummer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.