Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

LY Maintenance on strike - possible disruptions once again...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

This is as a result of the negotiations over their new contracts which have come to a dead end.

They are apparently currently working on a 744 which should have been finished today but is now unlikely to be...

In Hebrew:
http://www.themarker.com/news/1.2363944
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by clubman
They are apparently currently working on a 744 which should have been finished today but is now unlikely to be...
Anyone know the tail number of that a/c?

Having a 744 out of service longer than planned during the high season will cause havoc on their schedule.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Is this the reason why LY315/316 is delayed by over 4 hours today?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Time to let them go bankrupt. All the contracts will be voided.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: *A
315 should have been the plane of 318 (renamed 1318) which seems to have gone mech in LHR. I wouldn't have though that it would be directly related to this strike as I imagine LY outsource their maintenence in outstations.
I had family on 315 today; most aggravating.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by NYTA
Time to let them go bankrupt. All the contracts will be voided.
I tend to agree with your sentiments, however the reason why this hasn't happened yet is three fold. First, the majority shareholder doesn't want to have her shares and investment in the company wiped out. Second, they are hoping that "UP" and the modified "C" and "F" seats on long haul routes will be enough to keep them afloat a while longer. Lastly, I suspect fudging of the financial numbers have occurred. Every experienced corporate accountant I've spoken to have told me that they do not understand, based on the financial reports, how this company is not bankrupt yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.