Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

EL AL cancels deal with HAS Advantage Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL cancels deal with HAS Advantage Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Too late for me. I had them transfer it to cash for me. Probably more valuable than LY points now.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: All of 'em
Neh, you can offload El Al points at around 55 cents per mile if you have enough, which is 37% higher than the value you get at HAS of 1 cent per point.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Sorry for bumping this year old thread but it's a short one and totally relevant.

Looks like the investor group behind the HAS card are suing LY for $20.8 million claiming they used confidential materials and business plans created for the joint venture between them for the launch of FlyCard.
They say LY's brutal behavior caused the collapse of their successful business.

This is a link to the statement of claim (in Hebrew I'm afraid...)

http://www.tnet.org.il/upload/[email protected]
Old Nov 7, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Has is suing LY
http://www.hasadvantage.com/lawsuit.html
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:37 am

Good for them. I got screwed by this too as I had that card. Wonder if I can join in as part of a class action?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:06 pm

US Bank, the Bank which actual held the card for HAS Advantage, quite awhile ago reached an agreement with El Al. No points were lost. You were able to redeem them. They sent all open accounts, i forget the time line a new card. It is an interesting card. It has my US/Israeli Flag picture, but is part of the banks own credit card program. It says VISA on the front and that is that. It DOES redeem for Matmid points, but the Tzededukah component is gone.

I wish Zev Doubler the best of luck if what he is saying is true.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by awayIgo
US Bank, the Bank which actual held the card for HAS Advantage, quite awhile ago reached an agreement with El Al. No points were lost. You were able to redeem them. They sent all open accounts, i forget the time line a new card. It is an interesting card. It has my US/Israeli Flag picture, but is part of the banks own credit card program. It says VISA on the front and that is that. It DOES redeem for Matmid points, but the Tzededukah component is gone.
Nobody told me about that. The only choice they gave me at the time for redeeming those points was to convert them to cash, but the conversion rate was a lot lower than the value of the equivalent EL AL ticket I could have bought.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by NYTA
Nobody told me about that. The only choice they gave me at the time for redeeming those points was to convert them to cash, but the conversion rate was a lot lower than the value of the equivalent EL AL ticket I could have bought.

See post # 15 on this thread!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:26 am

The lawsuit is covered in today's Arutz 7 ( in English) Verrry interesting and there is no way to determine where the truth really lies. It shall be interesting to see what the courts say.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...3#.VkoQooSGrD8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.