Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Ah, my bad.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NYTA
Sitting on my TK flight to SAW this morning where instead of boarding at a gate we got bussed all the way to the old ramp in front of T1 where there was another TK plane, AZ, Arkia and a few others. The question is - if the rest of the airport is so congested that they have to bus us back to the ramp in front of T1, why don't they just dedicate T1 to certain airlines and reduce the congestion?
Some airlines that fly narrow bodied aircraft to TLV, choose to park them nearby T1 if there is plenty of time until the return flight.
The reason they do that is that it is cheaper for them to just park the aircraft near T1 than to connect it to a jetway, then moving it to a remote parking location, then returning it the next day to T3.

I have had this happened with IB - where the aircraft landed in 8PM, and departed in 10AM the next day (it was a special flight they added because of Sukkot two years ago. Such an excellent timing for connections from South America...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.