Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 1/2 hour check in at TLV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I am now a dual citizen. I wasn't always.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:41 pm

so just see my question again. this special line was introduced about 6 months ago, first time experienced it in Sep'2013.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
1 1/2 hour check in at TLV

Solo traveller; UK; 45 years old. Never any problems.
No status. Not LY also. Last in TLV January before that November.
Your problems are in your head or with your attitude I am afraid
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Have they gotten rid of the x-ray machines for checked luggage? If so, that's great just logistically in giving more space to line up before check-in. Maybe they could even add in some kisks!

The machines are still there but not active.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Solo traveller; UK; 45 years old. Never any problems.
No status. Not LY also. Last in TLV January before that November.
Your problems are in your head or with your attitude I am afraid
Your sticker? 5?

And if you repeating it twice - what is "my problem" in your opinion? That TLV security absolutely quietly got 2 types of travellers? Any comment why people of one sort can get water onboard and people of another sort cannot? Why some people instead of be allowed inside need to stay an hour in not-so-convenient area of hand luggage checks while other people just allowed to take any queue they want not even thinking about some problems?

Honestly. Next time I will travel without hand luggage at all. If I will be sent to this line - I will make a biiiig scandal. Just as matter of fact. They want to call it "suspicious people" - they need to name it. And not allow "suspicious" become "unsuspicious" when they risking face a complaint of missed flight...

Last edited by vitrysk_kille; Mar 10, 2014 at 1:44 pm
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by vitrysk_kille
Next time I will travel without hand luggage at all. If I will be sent to this line - I will make a biiiig scandal. Just as matter of fact. They want to call it "suspicious people" - they need to name it. And not allow "suspicious" become "unsuspicious" when they risking face a complaint of missed flight...
Somehow I don't think this will help your cause in terms of getting through the line faster or being deemed not suspicious for future travel. Just sayin.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:17 pm

Just wondering if any Israeli can get official answer "if liquids are allowed to take with to clear area"?.... Would be quite interesting to know the answer. TLV website just quiet about it.

And again. I'm not complaining about "being suspicious". At the end I always for ages got "5" just because I'm young and alone foreigner. Never saw any other person with same "qualities" with any other sticker... It is just profiling and they are free to decide whatever they want. It was never a problem. Prior to introducing the queue which doesn't work. Make there 5 lines - I won't complain. But to put absolutely everyone with "5" to one single queue without even having place for such many people in this queue (there is a place for max 15 ppl there, always experiencing ppl staying outside and waiting)... It was always there, but before it was really only for suspicious cases. Now it is for everyone with "5" due to somebodys decision. But seems they never thought how many "5" they give out. And really - why 1 hr before departure they do not care about your number, and 2 hrs they keep you for an hour there? They got more staff going besides the queue and checking BPs every 5 min for your departure time than them who actually doing security checks there.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

There are no restrictions on liquids at TLV security.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:18 pm

Unfortunately this is not true. Line for people with "5" stickers do not allow liquids in hand luggage more than 100ml bottles. This is something they inform about already at pre-clearance giving you a sticker.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
interesting, I never knew that.

I didn't think anyone had any restrictions on liquids going through TLV but then I'm one of the lucky ones that would never get a sticker like that so I wouldn't know.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Houminer
The machines are still there but not active.
If they're all inactive, I guess it'll just be some time until they clear them. But good to hear.

Just wondering if any Israeli can get official answer "if liquids are allowed to take with to clear area"?.... Would be quite interesting to know the answer. TLV website just quiet about it.

And again. I'm not complaining about "being suspicious". At the end I always for ages got "5" just because I'm young and alone foreigner. Never saw any other person with same "qualities" with any other sticker... It is just profiling and they are free to decide whatever they want. It was never a problem. Prior to introducing the queue which doesn't work. Make there 5 lines - I won't complain. But to put absolutely everyone with "5" to one single queue without even having place for such many people in this queue (there is a place for max 15 ppl there, always experiencing ppl staying outside and waiting)... It was always there, but before it was really only for suspicious cases. Now it is for everyone with "5" due to somebodys decision. But seems they never thought how many "5" they give out. And really - why 1 hr before departure they do not care about your number, and 2 hrs they keep you for an hour there? They got more staff going besides the queue and checking BPs every 5 min for your departure time than them who actually doing security checks there.
Originally Posted by clubman
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

Unfortunately this is not true. Line for people with "5" stickers do not allow liquids in hand luggage more than 100ml bottles. This is something they inform about already at pre-clearance giving you a sticker.
I don't follow this. You ask whether liquids can be brought. You get an answer of "yes." You then say that that's not true. So if you know the answer (which you incorrectly believe is "no,") then why bother asking the question?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:04 am

I have never seen a separate line for Israeli and non-Israeli. I also see everyone taking liquid through security. THen, flying ELAL, business --as you enter the gate area they request all liquid in your carryon NOT be taken, when flying to the US. They claim this is to satisfy AMerican rules, but in the US you CAN take liquid purchased after security with you!

To the person who is positive he is picked on. You are dripping attitude on this forum. I find it unlikely you turn it off at security.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:08 pm

When you go through the first security, there are no issues.
But an additional security before the plane doesn't allow you to take any liquid even those purchased after security.
STUPID RULE IF YOU ASK ME
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zipo
When you go through the first security, there are no issues.
But an additional security before the plane doesn't allow you to take any liquid even those purchased after security.
STUPID RULE IF YOU ASK ME
There is the initial security questioning at check in, and then the security scanning past check in.
There is no additional security at the gate (just passport and ticket check), and unless you were specifically taken aside there for additional security for some reason, I have no idea what you're talking about...
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:24 pm

There is the initial security questioning at check in, and then the security scanning past check in.
There is no additional security at the gate (just passport and ticket check), and unless you were specifically taken aside there for additional security for some reason, I have no idea what you're talking about...
In tlv they always check you before they take your ticket by the plane.
They ask you if you have any liquid and check your bag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.