Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Place to clean up at TLV?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:55 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Place to clean up at TLV?

In a couple months I have a very late night flight to BRU connecting to ORD from TLV (like 1 AM on Brussels Airlines). I'll likely have done a whole day of tourism that day and would love to have a place to clean up, shower, etc. before starting the long journey home.

If possible I'd like to avoid checking into a hotel room and paying for it for just a few hours (unless there are inexpensive places at or near TLV for this purpose).

Is there a lounge in TLV that has showers or a convenient place to clean up? I'll be in business class but will have no *A status by then (sadly).

Thank you!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
I'll be in business class but will have no *A status by then (sadly).
Makes no difference whether or not you have status as your business class ticket will allow you into the Dan lounge.

Trouble is, there are no shower facilities there so won't help you in that respect.

ELAL's King David lounge is the only one with shower facilities.

That 1am SN flight sounds like a killer, especially as you get a Euro configuration biz class product on the TLV-BRU sector.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by clubman
Makes no difference whether or not you have status as your business class ticket will allow you into the Dan lounge.

Trouble is, there are no shower facilities there so won't help you in that respect.

ELAL's King David lounge is the only one with shower facilities.

That 1am SN flight sounds like a killer, especially as you get a Euro configuration biz class product on the TLV-BRU sector.
Thanks clubman. Yeah, I'm unfortunately aware of the config on the BRU flight. It is what it is. :-/

Are there day or hourly rates for this purpose at any hotels reasonably near by? Does such a thing not exist in TLV?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
Yeah, I'm unfortunately aware of the config on the BRU flight. It is what it is. :-/
OK. This is what you need to do. I know that flight very well, as it used to be a codeshare with EL AL and I used it if I needed to connect to London to arrive by about 8:00 am. It is very rare for the business class cabin to be anywhere near full, probably because the regulars know how bad it is.

Check in as early as you can - up to 3 hours before the flight, I think.

Ask if it is possible for them to put you on the rhs (HK seats) and to block off the seat next to you, but NOT in row 1. If you check in early this should not be a problem. I have done it loads of times and it never failed. The rhs is better as it is really 3 economy seats wide with the centre seat blocked, whereas the lhs (seats AC) is only 2.5 seats wide with a dummy seat in the middle.

You may be able to make the seat reservation in advance, if you are on a Brussals Airways ticket. I couldn't do that because I was on an EL AL ticket (which no longer is a code share with SN).

You will now have a fully flat bed if you raise the armrests. Just beg the crew for an extra blanket and pillow or two to pad the seat and you should be able to sleep quite well.

Last edited by mikebg; Jan 8, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I actually liked the SN flight. Regardless, you can post in the TLV King David Lounge Get-togethers thread to see if someone can guest you into the lounge. Otherwise, you may pay $29 to access the lounge. (Someone can correct me if the price has gone up.)
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Can you pay and enter the KDL if you are not flying LY?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I know people who have
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all - this is great advice both on the SN flight and where to get cleaned up.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Bumping this thread for a somewhat related question. We have a flight from tlv to jnb at 540 am in biz class. What time do lounges open and is the airport closed for several hours at night?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: airberlin gold, club carlson gold, hhonors gold
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Bumping this thread for a somewhat related question. We have a flight from tlv to jnb at 540 am in biz class. What time do lounges open and is the airport closed for several hours at night?
the 2 dan lounges will be open for ur 0540 flight as theyre supposed to be open 24/7. u can verify this by calling +97239757140/1 for the C concourse one and +97239757146 for the B one.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for the phone numbers. Did not realize anything was open 24/7 in tlv
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
Eventually there will be a hotel built at Ben Gurion Airport as per this article: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...410718,00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.