Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

EL AL/Superfly is giving Gold, Plat and Top Plat!

Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:18 am
Company Representative - Superfly
Original Poster

Hi All,
Superfly is giving its eligible members Gold, Plat and Top Plat status. Some members have already received the offer and posted it online so we decided to go ahead and post on FlyerTalk as well.

To be eligible you must have:

1) A U.S. or Canadian address on your profile on elal.com
2) No current or past elite status (Gold or above) in the last 3 years
3) Multiple flights to TLV in the last 2 years

This is not a status match. The scoring is based on number of flight to TLV (either direct or through Europe), class of ticket, and willingness to switch and commit to EL AL.

To sign up please follow direction:

1) Update your EL AL profile with your US or Canadian address here http://bit.ly/1gPw15r
2) Add as many FF accounts to superfly http://www.superfly.com/
3) Extra credit for downloading our mobile app Superfly Hotels and follow directions (iOS only) http://bit.ly/1bpHOFo

* If you don't have an EL AL Matmid account you can sign up for a free one here http://bit.ly/1dYxoku

I'll monitor the group to answer any questions.

Best,
Jonathan Meiri
CEO Superfly
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
We Europeans being discriminated against again???!!!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ELAL
We Europeans being discriminated against again???!!!

This promotion is targeted for US based members but we have more in the pipeline.

It was a flip of a coin where we start, US or Europe for the pilot. Get all your U.S. based friends to sign up so that EL AL expands the program to Europe You can use thins link https://www.superfly.com/#!/referral/invite/

Last edited by jonathanmeiri; Dec 9, 2013 at 10:16 am
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: SL Matmid
Well this is irritating. I signed up online and everything and its only available to people in North America, great.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jonathan Siva
Well this is irritating. I signed up online and everything and its only available to people in North America, great.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry you were disappointed. The good news is that now that we have your info we'll make sure you're first in line for future offers.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by jonathanmeiri
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry you were disappointed. The good news is that now that we have your info we'll make sure you're first in line for future offers.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks anyway !
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I was status matched to LY Plat once but don't remember how long it was until I had no status (I think I was PL 4 1/2 years ago then dropped down). How can I check to see if it was more than 3 years ago?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Well you could have saved yourself the aggro had you read the first requirement on the list of eligibility for this offer in the OP's post...
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
Well you could have saved yourself the aggro had you read the first requirement on the list of eligibility for this offer in the OP's post...
Saw the offer advertised on FB, it didn't say anything about having to be American or Canadian that's until the manager of the page directed me to here...
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
where is it that we tell you how many times we've flown to tlv? is this first come first serve? how long until we're notified which status we're given? does it matter if the flights to tlv have been paid or on miles? thanks
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
My TLV flights are all on United Airlines. Given UA doesn't allow you access to their data, how will you confirm the 10 flights to TLV I've taken in the past few years?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:32 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Saw the offer advertised on FB, it didn't say anything about having to be American or Canadian that's until the manager of the page directed me to here...
So that's how we got you back here
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
So I added my Matmid and MileagePlus info, changed my Matmid address to the USA (actually, it already was the USA). Now what? How do I add flights to TLV?
Is the ban of Gold or higher status specifically Gold with LY, or Gold at all?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by metallim
where is it that we tell you how many times we've flown to tlv? is this first come first serve? how long until we're notified which status we're given? does it matter if the flights to tlv have been paid or on miles? thanks
- We look at your history through your loyalty history or past itineraries (via Superbox).

- We will notify eligible members within a week.

- We do not distinguish between paid or award flights.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90
So I added my Matmid and MileagePlus info, changed my Matmid address to the USA (actually, it already was the USA). Now what? How do I add flights to TLV?
Is the ban of Gold or higher status specifically Gold with LY, or Gold at all?
Only Gold and above with LY are not eligible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.