Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food: terrible in economy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Food: terrible in economy

I had the misfortune of traveling to AMS in economy. The dinner served was close to inedible. I have always been pleased by business class meals but this was terrible. It was dinner - beef; and there was no discernible beef in this meal.

I guess I haven't had an economy meal in a while but does Elal mgmt realize how bad it is?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Suprised as the feedback here on meals has been mainly very positive.
Perhaps try next tie a hamasbia meal, they are decent IMO.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Surprised as well, because the meals in economy have been pretty good in my experience as well. (The kosher breakfast on Delta going to JFK was absolutely awful though - the "drink" was a half Tropit.)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:15 am

While I fly business long haul I recently flew to Prague ( where despite it being offered, business doesn't really exist!) The snack was a hero sandwich ( large chunks of chicken) It was a large sandwich and decent. They did multiple drink runs. Really couldn't complain.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by awayIgo
While I fly business long haul I recently flew to Prague ( where despite it being offered, business doesn't really exist!) The snack was a hero sandwich ( large chunks of chicken) It was a large sandwich and decent. They did multiple drink runs. Really couldn't complain.
Funny, I flew this route two month ago, and thought the chicken 'hero' sandwich was totally inedible. And I'm not a picky eater.

Many on the plane complained about the food, and were advised, that since this is now considered a Sun D'Or flight, and the all-coach 738 doesn't have ovens, this is the food that will be served on the flight.

I'll be flying back to PRG tomorrow, and am already dreading the meal onboard. Well, at least there's onboard entertainment. Oh wait, never mind...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
I don't understand why LY has decided to operate the PRG flight with Sun D'or...
I am surprised there is no demand at all in C class for this route.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:14 pm

Bostonball--the heros were hot. Friends who ordered special Kosher also had hot heros. You say the plane has no ovens, but some how they served hot food!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Bostonball--the heros were hot. Friends who ordered special Kosher also had hot heros. You say the plane has no ovens, but some how they served hot food!
I stand corrected - more likely what the FA said was that they didn't have enough large ovens to accomodate ther regular rectangular meals.
Then again, it's probably just a cost-cutting exercise to keep the expenses on this route as thin as possible.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by LY777
I don't understand why LY has decided to operate the PRG flight with Sun D'or...
I am surprised there is no demand at all in C class for this route.
Because they never attempted an optimized schedule where PRG would serve other destinations through TLV. As such, the O&D has been reduced to a mostly leisure clientele with low yields.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I stand corrected - more likely what the FA said was that they didn't have enough large ovens to accomodate ther regular rectangular meals.
Then again, it's probably just a cost-cutting exercise to keep the expenses on this route as thin as possible.
Pure guessing on my part--but it is only a 4 hour flight. It could be they do not want full meal service. A snack is less expensive!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Trust me, LY food is better than any skyteam airline in Y although still not as good as LH, OS and TK.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 3:39 am
G.S

You better not ask too many questions you might get an answer you will not like
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:34 am

Anyone know who is making their meals in TLV?
is it Tamam or Shefa?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by simba8
Anyone know who is making their meals in TLV?
is it Tamam or Shefa?
I've only ever gotten Tamam
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Yep. Tamam. They sell also Tamam stuff on the UP flights, while it's free in Economy Plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.