Changing seats on the El Al website

Subscribe
I have always been able to switch the location of my business seat on the El Al website. Now, I am finding that "my seat" does NOT show up in Orange and I am unable to switch. Am I the only one with this problem. My seats are booked through a travel agent. (BTW I have also written El Al and asked them)
I am having the identical problem. In Firefox I cannot see my seat but I have the "save seat" and "cancel seat" buttons but I cannot select any seat to save. In Internet Explorer, I see my seat in Orange but I cannot change it as it won't allow me to select any other seat.
Is your reservation part of a group? If so then elal isn't supposed to change your seat.
I am also having this problem.
My seat is not appearing in orange.
When I select a seat - and the site confirms it - if i log back in, the change didn't take.
Good old El Al IT. Idiots.
WEll, glad to know it isn't me. Its' El Al. --fools!! I can't wait to see the response I get from them. --will share!

and NO, it is not part of a group!
Rest assured that:
1) The telephone rep you speak with won't have a clue what you are talking about;
2) They won't acknowledge that there is a problem, but it will mysteriously get fixed sometime in the next 2 months without warning.
I didn't call--not in the mood to deal with stupidity--doing that with my NYTimes subscription and one idiot at a time is enough. I DID send an email!
I have the same problem. I have booked a flight, and it is imposible to change my seat. I had to call them directly
I just got back an email response from El Al. They are total, complete, idiots! They sent me a pre-formulated letter telling me how I can take advantage of the feature and provided links to the page on their website. I wrote back and suggested they actually read the email I sent them instead of wasting my time. I also told them to look here, it is not exactly only me!
BTW - as of today - May 7, 2012 - the "select a seat" function in "Manage Your Booking" is STILL BROKEN!!!! There is no way to select a seat on an LY flight without calling a live person. This has been broken for the last 6 months!!!! How hard can it be to fix that?
Quote: BTW - as of today - May 7, 2012 - the "select a seat" function in "Manage Your Booking" is STILL BROKEN!!!! There is no way to select a seat on an LY flight without calling a live person. This has been broken for the last 6 months!!!! How hard can it be to fix that?
Someone needs to want to fix it....
I have noticed this in the past too, but I kept at it.

I just changed my seat yesterday- no problem.

Are you clicking on "modify" under the seat selection?

I did notice that there was a difference in terms of the seats between the page that says "manage your booking " and the actual page where you make seat changes...and I think it was because they switched planes from the time of ticketing. I hit the modify button, and it showed a different seat map, which I took to indicate that the plane had switched. I switched my seats, although "mange my booking" showed the old seat, my boarding pass showed the new, and confirmed seat that I took once I boarded.

They still show the old seat number on my flight intinerary.
Quote: I have noticed this in the past too, but I kept at it.

I just changed my seat yesterday- no problem.
. . . . .
They still show the old seat number on my flight intinerary.
Trust me - its broken. You click "Modify" and then the seat map. Then select your seat. Then, after clicking "save" on the pop-up window with the seatmap, the pop up closes and you have to hit "continue" at the bottom of the original "Manage My Booking" page. BOOM - you get back and error at the top of the page that they couldn't execute the request. Refresh the page and you'll see you are right back in your old seat, no change took place.

In OLCI (when it works) you indeed can change seats. Problem is that by the time OLCI opens (and IF it works) most of the seats will already be gone.

El Al has HORRIFIC tech people. The website is sub-par. The reservation system is haphazard - and even their caller ID system to the call centers - even for TP's and F passengers is often down or routes to the wrong place.

PATHETIC.
I managed to change my seat, but anable to change my wife's seat

For my wife, when I try, it is written: "The system is temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again. (9102)"
There is one sure-fire and well tested method to correct this problem: move all your air travel to and from Israel to a carrier that gives a damn.