Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Change to Matmid rules from 1.2.2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G

The Hebrew LY website states that there will be a change to the rules from 1.2.2019.
BUT
All links seem to be broken.

Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
El Al in a nutshell
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Did you try this:
https://www.elal.com/he/FrequentFlye...7%99%D7%93.pdf
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
This only shows the October 2018 changes and not the February 2019 changes.

I can see one change on the website - the lounges in the UP destinations will be free for KD members.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Houminer
I can see one change on the website - the lounges in the UP destinations will be free for KD members.
Yes, except no KD lounge due to flights departing from T1.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Looking through all the changes I'm trying to make sense of it all, but in true LY style it's a mess.

What I do understand is that redemption on ex UP destinations are doubling trebling in price, despite still departing from T1 offering inferior service and lower operational costs to the airline. Also, why on earth isn't there a fixed redemption price according to zones like there used to be? Why is Prague considerably more expensing to redeem for than Budapest?

Looking through the rules I also realise how badly they have downgraded GL status over the years, and now it seems worse than ever.

Matmid which I used to love, has become such a mess and such a horrible program.

Last edited by yosithezet; Jul 29, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Changes vanished

The links to the new changes of February 2019 have vanished from the LY website in Hebrew.

So maybe we will have changes and maybe not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.