Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PLUSGRADE - upgrade auction

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 1:53 pm
x2y

Originally Posted by eyal
How does one snag business class seats with economy service? Is that something that can be confirmed in advance?
If you're talking about the Preferred Seat in Premium Classes, I saw that too, and my travel agent explained it to me. My first impression was that you get to sit in business class seats but instead of fine business class dining, the FA's toss cans of sardines in your general direction .

My agent is less cynical. He said this is a service on planes that have a business class section but no business class service. The upgrade is for passengers who want the comfort of the business class seat even though the service is the same throughout the aircraft. I think he said there aren't a lot of flights to which it would apply.
Old May 6, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by x2y
My agent is less cynical. He said this is a service on planes that have a business class section but no business class service.
On most airlines that would be the case, but on LY it's not a matter of no business class operating on the flight (extremely rare for them not to operate business on the L/H aircraft) but simply opening up a section of business class to Economy passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.