General Strike? Will it impact TLV?

Subscribe
The Histradut has called a General Strike for this week - Wed. I think.

Does anyone have any information?

Will it close Ben Gurion?

Shofar
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000691974
It certainly seemed there was a strike today! Upon landing, during the busiest time of the day, I saw 6 lines open at passport control! For 10 minutes, I couldn't even enter the room!
I was on the moving sidewalk, and at the end, we kinda needed to turn around and use it like a treadmill because there was no room to get off.

But it all worked out in the end
Quote: It certainly seemed there was a strike today! Upon landing, during the busiest time of the day, I saw 6 lines open at passport control! For 10 minutes, I couldn't even enter the room!
I was on the moving sidewalk, and at the end, we kinda needed to turn around and use it like a treadmill because there was no room to get off.

But it all worked out in the end
the lines at passport control do seem longer in general...the staff seem somewhat slower...45 minutes plus sometimes..
Strike Called for Mon Nov 7
Looks like it back on again:

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...95044&fid=1725

"The strike will cover airports, seaports, local authorities, government ministries, and other public institutions. The Histadrut also intends to extend the strike to private employers. A detailed list is expected on Sunday."

I am supposed to fly out on CO Monday night - should I try to change to Sunday?
Quote: I am supposed to fly out on CO Monday night - should I try to change to Sunday?
There are still odds it wont occur, But i would recommend you to switch to sunday if you can...
Quote: There are still odds it wont occur, But i would recommend you to switch to sunday if you can...
Well, the strike has affected TLV, but luckily this time it's only a short strke.
COURT RULING: STRIKE MUST COME TO AN END AT 10:00, AND IT HAS. ALL NORMAL OPERATIONS, INCLUDING TLV AND MASS TRANSIT ARE UP AND RUNNING AS USUAL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (COURT RULED SUPERVISED NEGOTIATIONS TO CONTINUE AT LEAST UNTIL THURSDAY, 12:00 PM)

Quote: Well, the strike has affected TLV, but luckily this time it's only a short strke.
Only in Israel!