Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

General Strike? Will it impact TLV?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN for Life

The Histradut has called a General Strike for this week - Wed. I think.

Does anyone have any information?

Will it close Ben Gurion?

Shofar
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...did=1000691974
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
It certainly seemed there was a strike today! Upon landing, during the busiest time of the day, I saw 6 lines open at passport control! For 10 minutes, I couldn't even enter the room!
I was on the moving sidewalk, and at the end, we kinda needed to turn around and use it like a treadmill because there was no room to get off.

But it all worked out in the end
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
It certainly seemed there was a strike today! Upon landing, during the busiest time of the day, I saw 6 lines open at passport control! For 10 minutes, I couldn't even enter the room!
I was on the moving sidewalk, and at the end, we kinda needed to turn around and use it like a treadmill because there was no room to get off.

But it all worked out in the end
the lines at passport control do seem longer in general...the staff seem somewhat slower...45 minutes plus sometimes..
Old Nov 4, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
Strike Called for Mon Nov 7

Looks like it back on again:

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...95044&fid=1725

"The strike will cover airports, seaports, local authorities, government ministries, and other public institutions. The Histadrut also intends to extend the strike to private employers. A detailed list is expected on Sunday."

I am supposed to fly out on CO Monday night - should I try to change to Sunday?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by bosbjg
I am supposed to fly out on CO Monday night - should I try to change to Sunday?
There are still odds it wont occur, But i would recommend you to switch to sunday if you can...
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by ebzed
There are still odds it wont occur, But i would recommend you to switch to sunday if you can...
Well, the strike has affected TLV, but luckily this time it's only a short strke.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
COURT RULING: STRIKE MUST COME TO AN END AT 10:00, AND IT HAS. ALL NORMAL OPERATIONS, INCLUDING TLV AND MASS TRANSIT ARE UP AND RUNNING AS USUAL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (COURT RULED SUPERVISED NEGOTIATIONS TO CONTINUE AT LEAST UNTIL THURSDAY, 12:00 PM)

Originally Posted by ELAL
Well, the strike has affected TLV, but luckily this time it's only a short strke.
Only in Israel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.