Wiki Posts
Search

LY Website - Airport Codes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
LY Website - Airport Codes

Does anyone else find it extremely annoying that when checking up flight details on the LY website, you're not able to input airport codes for the departure/arrival locations? It seems shortsighted of them to not include this feature with the new website upgrade...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Extremely annoying and ,and I already posted about this when the new website went live.

There are a few airport codes that work but others like LHR that don't.

Also, when trying to set the home page to a certain country and language (say Israel and English) it never remembers the settings.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Duplicate.

Last edited by clubman; Sep 19, 2011 at 3:00 am
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: El Al Matmid
Originally Posted by clubman

Also, when trying to set the home page to a certain country and language (say Israel and English) it never remembers the settings.
Try saving this page as you home page (or favorites):
http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/States/General/
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
Ah...apologies, Clubman - I didn't notice your post about it previously.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I remember clubman posting about it. I also find it annoying that it doesn't save the setting, though I don't remember the old site doing that either.

Another annoying "feature:" Whenever typing "New" to type Newark or New York, since I can't type EWR or NYC, it always seems to think I'm referring to New Orleans, and on occasion, decides to save me the trouble, and finishes it out for me. So one time, when I wasn't paying attention the field, I had typed New Orleansark. Told me they don't currently serve that destination, but asked if I wanted to contact LY about possible future service there. Considered doing that for a bit
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:44 pm

Very annoying!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sn1ke
Ah...apologies, Clubman - I didn't notice your post about it previously.
No need to apologise, it was a while ago.

Website is a shambles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.