Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

El Al 777 business class legroom

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:10 am
Original Poster

I would like to hear views on the El Al 777 business class bulkhead seats in row 10. Do they provide full "stretch" legroom when in the bed position? What are peoples favorite business class seats on the 777, and why?

Thoughts appreciated.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by themaninblack
Do they provide full "stretch" legroom when in the bed position?
Not at all.
I would try row 11.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: LY GL
Originally Posted by themaninblack
I would like to hear views on the El Al 777 business class bulkhead seats in row 10. Do they provide full "stretch" legroom when in the bed position? What are peoples favorite business class seats on the 777, and why?

Thoughts appreciated.
as mentioned : don't take 10 ! i am 1.87m , and my legs got stuck at the wall.
11 is much better ! i like 11 as this section is quieter than the 12/13/14 rows in the section behind it.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:27 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
I am not 1.87 (maybe 1.78..) and i agree on the 11...
about the quiet, it all depends, if they decide to put a baby there or not,
since its a "closed" space then noise is much stronger...

If you can go for the Exit, The best...
Old Feb 16, 2011, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

Having never been in row 10 on the 777 I was interested to know about the legroom.

I would say that my questions have been answered.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ebzed
If you can go for the Exit, The best...
TOTALLY DISAGREE. . . I avoid Row 12 religiously. I only take it as a last resort and then try to switch with someone once onboard. Pax always congregate there in the galley, waiting for the restroom AND they keep a light on there the whole flight since its in front of the exit. BAD news. Row 12 SUCKS.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by LatusElAl
TOTALLY DISAGREE. . . I avoid Row 12 religiously. I only take it as a last resort and then try to switch with someone once onboard. Pax always congregate there in the galley, waiting for the restroom AND they keep a light on there the whole flight since its in front of the exit. BAD news. Row 12 SUCKS.
Do they really keep the light on all for the entire flight? Being the emergency exit does not necessitate the light on the whole time
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat
So let's see .. there are only 5 rows in business class ...
rows 10 & 11 in a mini cabin, then rows 12-13-14 ...

so for those of us without status, what are the best seats for a couple?

In Row 10 (the bulkhead) people say they cannot stretch out completely (note 10HK are shown as premium - so is the legroom different on the right hand side of the plane?);
of the middle three in Row 10 which seat maps *seem* to indicate have more leg space one person is already sitting there in 10G.

people say go for Row 11; however 11AC are shown as Premium and 11D, 11H & 11-K are shown as blocked.

In Row 12 the Exit Row seats 12AC & 12HK are blocked, leaving 12 DFG which are behind the Galley and Bassinet locations
and one person says avoid to noise in the galley, people congregrating to use the lavatories, etc

that leaves Row 13 & 14 which are wide open.

But i would think that Row 14 is right before first row of Economy which is Row 21 a basinet location!

So perhaps Row 13AC or 13HK is a better choice than Row 10AC????

This is the scenario for a seat map for a couple without status and only one other person shown seated in business via expertflyer.

In your experiences, which is the better seat choices in this scenario for the TLV-LAX 15+hr flight?

Thanks for your thoughts ... if we need to move I rather do it now before the cabin starts to fill up ... we currently are in 10AC.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by roylee9
So let's see .. there are only 5 rows in business class ...
rows 10 & 11 in a mini cabin, then rows 12-13-14 ...

so for those of us without status, what are the best seats for a couple?

In Row 10 (the bulkhead) people say they cannot stretch out completely (note 10HK are shown as premium - so is the legroom different on the right hand side of the plane?);
of the middle three in Row 10 which seat maps *seem* to indicate have more leg space one person is already sitting there in 10G.

people say go for Row 11; however 11AC are shown as Premium and 11D, 11H & 11-K are shown as blocked.

In Row 12 the Exit Row seats 12AC & 12HK are blocked, leaving 12 DFG which are behind the Galley and Bassinet locations
and one person says avoid to noise in the galley, people congregrating to use the lavatories, etc

that leaves Row 13 & 14 which are wide open.

But i would think that Row 14 is right before first row of Economy which is Row 21 a basinet location!

So perhaps Row 13AC or 13HK is a better choice than Row 10AC????

This is the scenario for a seat map for a couple without status and only one other person shown seated in business via expertflyer.

In your experiences, which is the better seat choices in this scenario for the TLV-LAX 15+hr flight?

Thanks for your thoughts ... if we need to move I rather do it now before the cabin starts to fill up ... we currently are in 10AC.
out of those options, i would take 13.

11AC are for status members, 11 HK usually for pilots.
12DFG have the same problem as row 10
so take 13, this is your best option. maybe not as quite as 10.
if you are not tall, then 10 is ok also.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by may_east
out of those options, i would take 13.
so take 13, this is your best option. maybe not as quite as 10.
if you are not tall, then 10 is ok also.
Thanks May_East.

If it helps we are 5ft 5 and 5ft 10.

Can you please help me with one further question .... if this is a shell seat design
then i would think the seat has to be able to extend fully .... even on other airlines the legs sometimes goes into an indentation of the shell back in front of you .... so does the seat not have the same degree of recline as others ...

Since I haven't been in LY biz before I am haven't difficulty understanding the situation ... unfortunately, there aren't many photos of El Al seats in biz ....

once again thanks for all your assistance

Last edited by roylee9; Apr 7, 2011 at 11:29 pm Reason: color didn't work
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by roylee9
Thanks May_East.

If it helps we are 5ft 5 and 5ft 10.

Can you please help me with one further question .... if this is a shell seat design
then i would think the seat has to be able to extend fully .... even on other airlines the legs sometimes goes into an indentation of the shell back in front of you .... so does the seat not have the same degree of recline as others ...

Since I haven't been in LY biz before I am haven't difficulty understanding the situation ... unfortunately, there aren't many photos of El Al seats in biz ....

once again thanks for all your assistance
as you wrote "even on other airlines the legs sometimes goes into an indentation of the shell back in front of you"
this is the difference ! if you have a seat infront of you, you get an extra few centimiters. but if it's the wall - you don't
i took 10 in the past, and i dont like it. i get stuck in the wall.

as you are shorter than me, maybe that will be ok with you.

anyways, i also like to put stuff in the compartement at the back of the seat infront of me, which you do not get in row 10.

for me 10, is a no-go. but - do the math and decide...

i found a pic showing the indentation in the seat
my feet at the left ones

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/imag0142f.jpg/

Last edited by may_east; Apr 7, 2011 at 11:57 pm
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:24 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it's for good reason.

I've booked 10H & 10K on Flight 75, TLV-HKG. Now I happened to notice this thread.

Is it still the case that the bulkhead makes the bed/comfort shorter?

If so, I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned on SeatGuru at all...
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by tracks

If so, I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned on SeatGuru at all...
Seat guru is not always accurate.

If your 777 has the new config, then, no problem (LY has increased the legroom to make the seats full flat)
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:14 pm

Anyone have any complaints about 10HK?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA PL, LY, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
I flew in 10C to HKG last week, no complaints

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.