Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

ELAL KD Lounges/Lounge Access across the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ELAL KD Lounges/Lounge Access across the world

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:05 am

Thanks so much for this thread, finally we have a clear constructive sticky with this important information.
If you or anyone would be able to put together perhaps another sticky, about the luggage rules etc for different destinations/status would also be a great build to our LY forum!
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by frb98mf
Sn1ke, thanks for this comprehensive update. Since when were TPLs allowed access to the F section? There's no sign of this on the TPL page of El Al's website, in Hebrew or English.
This is what I've been told at the front desk of the KDL in TLV. I've also seen TPLs not sitting in F access the F section. I'm not a TPL so I can't confirm whether or not I personally have accessed it, but this seems to be the case. Unless TPLs or LY insiders (ahem) can correct this...

Originally Posted by amrom
Thanks so much for this thread, finally we have a clear constructive sticky with this important information.
If you or anyone would be able to put together perhaps another sticky, about the luggage rules etc for different destinations/status would also be a great build to our LY forum!
Luggage Information
I've been trying to put together information for the forum. Unfortunately, I don't always have time, and so every so often, I go back to edit and put in more information, and clean it up more. Hopefully, when I finish the army (4 months!) I will be able to finish it. In the meantime, please feel free to peruse, add information, correct stuff, give suggestions...! The LY FAQ Development Thread (this is a sticky btw)
Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Hopefully, when I finish the army (4 months!)...
Those four years (three years compulsory service plus one year required for graduates of officers' school) sure went by fast.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
Those four years (three years compulsory service plus one year required for graduates of officers' school) sure went by fast.
machal
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
machal
ידעתי
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by twa884
ידעתי
+ קיצור שירות
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
  1. If you're flying AA to connect to LY, wouldn't you have lounge access?
Only if you apply to AA requirement, i.e. flying international business or first...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by sn1ke
Access rulesMatmid Gold, Platinum, and Top Platinum also have access to the lounge. TPLs have additional access to the F section of the lounge. The same guest policy applies, with Gold/Plat allowed +1, and TPL allowed +2.
Small Update, As from April, TPL have access to F Class KDL lounge only until 30/06 and can enter alone only...
I believe by the 30/06 new regulations will be published...
8-(

It seems that EL-AL start to "invest" less in TPLs...
Old May 3, 2011, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
Thanks for the info, ebzed - I'll update the info accordingly
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Frankfurt lounge - has anuone been in this one?

Lounge Hospitality for EL AL Passengers in Frankfurt

This is to inform you that as of April 1, the hospitality lounge for EL AL passengers in Frankfurt will be known as LuxxLounge.

The lounge is located on the upper level of Terminal 1 between Concourse B and Concourse C.
Hours of operation and service in the lounge have not been changed.

EL AL passengers in First Class and Business Class as well as Top Platinum, Platinum and Gold Matmid members and King David Club members are entitled to lounge hospitality.

Publish Date 12/04/2011
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Houminer, do you have a source? Or a link on the LY site?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Houminer, do you have a source? Or a link on the LY site?
The LY site and the Luxxair lounge site (which lists LY)
Old Aug 16, 2011, 5:36 am

Not sure whether this belongs to this thread - or worth a thread of its own.

In TLV KDL right now. The wines are appalling! first of all only 2 selections: 1 red, 1 white.

The red is bad but drinkable if one forces him/herself - Tepperberg Merlot, Silver.
The white is purely disgusting - Tishbi Emerald Riesling. I was not aware this piss is still being produced at all!

This is truly a disgrace.

The food selection is also not something to write home about.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BATLV
Not sure whether this belongs to this thread - or worth a thread of its own.

In TLV KDL right now. The wines are appalling! first of all only 2 selections: 1 red, 1 white.

The red is bad but drinkable if one forces him/herself - Tepperberg Merlot, Silver.
The white is purely disgusting - Tishbi Emerald Riesling. I was not aware this piss is still being produced at all!

This is truly a disgrace.

The food selection is also not something to write home about.
Definitely not. This thread has ZERO to do with KDL offerings. Sorry you were very disappointed. My last KDL visit included some of the best wine I've had, and solid food compared to CO's President's Club, the only other lounge I generally visit. (Not counting the Dan.)
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Definitely not. This thread has ZERO to do with KDL offerings.
Agree, a separate thread would have been fine.

As for you sampling some of the best wines you have ever had in the KDL then I’ve either been extremely unlucky (and I visit at least a couple of times month) or you’re very easily pleased when it comes to wine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.