Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Are Matmid members without any status entitled to to the extra 5kg of luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Question Are Matmid members without any status entitled to to the extra 5kg of luggage?

My memory tells me that yes, and so was I told by the lady at ELAL reservations, but according to the website it dosen't seem so

Matmid Club members, including 'Silver' members, are entitled to an additional 5 kg baggage allowance in all travel classes.
Anbody knows?
Old May 12, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Dont tell me you are spoiled too and need an FA to read you the text...
(I never thought about it... when having problem getting sleep i will ask FA to read me a book!)

"Matmid Club members, including 'Silver' members, are entitled to an additional 5 kg baggage allowance in all travel classes."

http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/A...lAlloeance.htm
Old May 12, 2010, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ebzed
Dont tell me you are spoiled too and need an FA to read you the text...
(I never thought about it... when having problem getting sleep i will ask FA to read me a book!)

"Matmid Club members, including 'Silver' members, are entitled to an additional 5 kg baggage allowance in all travel classes."

http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/A...lAlloeance.htm
No ebzed dear, only you have the special honour of being called spoilt.

My question basicly was that as I from experiance remember differently and was also told so yesterday by my local reservation office, so perhaps in reality (although the book claims differently) they even allow the tl members the 5kg?
Old May 13, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by ELAL
No ebzed dear, only you have the special honour of being called spoilt.

My question basicly was that as I from experiance remember differently and was also told so yesterday by my local reservation office, so perhaps in reality (although the book claims differently) they even allow the tl members the 5kg?
TL fits in the Matmid Club Member... so yes... (Still dont understand, its written black on white, so either my english is bad, or i didnt got what is not understandable there...)

Also if you are a religious person there is an urban legend that your are entitled for additional 5kg due to Special Kosher food you might carry with you...
Old May 13, 2010, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I am a little confused here...

You said that according to the website the answer in no, but then went and quoted the website where it clearly says the answer is yes!
Old May 13, 2010, 5:46 am
Original Poster

TL fits in the Matmid Club Member... so yes... (Still dont understand, its written black on white, so either my english is bad, or i didnt got what is not understandable there...)
The website states that "matmid members including silver Etc". which to me translates the following matmid members (not only from GL onward) including silver (mention only silver, meaning to me you have to be minimum silver, and TL isn't enough).

Also if you are a religious person there is an urban legend that your are entitled for additional 5kg due to Special Kosher food you might carry with you...
I've never heard of that, is there any offical scource to this?

This making my allowance 30kg (meaning that when checking in 30kg, and the check in lady starts twitching her nose, my blood pressure dosen't have to rise).
Old May 13, 2010, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
The website states that "matmid members including silver Etc". which to me translates the following matmid members (not only from GL onward) including silver (mention only silver, meaning to me you have to be minimum silver, and TL isn't enough).
Yes I see what you mean, wording is a little confusing but what it may mean is that normal matmid members including Silver get an extra 5kg allowance while GLs PLs etc get more than that, and they do to be honest.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never heard of that, is there any offical scource to this?
Errr, no, hence why ebzed mentioned it is an urban legend...

Urban legend - A story that appears mysteriously and spreads spontaneously in various forms and is usually false; contains elements of humour or horror and is ...
Old May 13, 2010, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Errr, no, hence why ebzed mentioned it is an urban legend...
Oops I didn't really know what that funny word meant.

In the end of the day ebzed as an Israeli has a better English than me although being British.
Old May 13, 2010, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops I didn't really know what that funny word meant.
You’re kidding right?
Old May 13, 2010, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Angry

Originally Posted by clubman
You’re kidding right?
Sadly, I'm being very serious!

Shame on me!
Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
In the context of Matmid, what does "TL" stand for?

And seriously, you never heard of "urban legend"? I had attached such greatness to you based on your postings at FT...
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90
In the context of Matmid, what does "TL" stand for?

And seriously, you never heard of "urban legend"? I had attached such greatness to you based on your postings at FT...
Well well, I assume your only option is to detach the greatness from myself.
(The fact I talk 4 languages fluently seems to make me miss certain words).
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Well well, I assume your only option is to detach the greatness from myself.
(The fact I talk 4 languages fluently seems to make me miss certain words).
It seems as though English is NOT one of them
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90
It seems as though English is NOT one of them
Well English is actualy my "mother language" (although today I unfortunally use it the least).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.