Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
BA change one of the daily 767s back to a 777 starting 28/03 (BA165/164).

No increase in capacity for World Traveller (surprising I know, but the 777 has the exact same size WT cabin as the 777) but increasing capacity in World traveller Plus from 24 seats to 40, doubling the Club World capacity from 24 to 48, and brining back First.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by clubman
BA change one of the daily 767s back to a 777 starting 28/03 (BA165/164).

No increase in capacity for World Traveller (surprising I know, but the 777 has the exact same size WT cabin as the 777) but increasing capacity in World traveller Plus from 24 seats to 40, doubling the Club World capacity from 24 to 48, and brining back First.
Already Entered that.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by gordo6
LY to LTN - from 28 Mar - on Sundays to Thursdays B762 instead of B752, on Fridays B752 instaed of B738.
Information about B762 Sunday to Thu is correct but the B757 has been running on Fridays for a while now.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forum Managers - Please make that theard sticky. However, please do not move it to any other forum.[/B]
You might want to remove this now, you got what you wanted...
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:20 pm

Anything to do with Israel, should be allowed to be posted on the MATMID / EL AL site. If you put it on the Middle East Forum, hardly none of us will read it. Certainly not me anyway.

Also any new route to / from Israel impacts EL AL such as Easyjet to GVA.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Anything to do with Israel, should be allowed to be posted on the MATMID / EL AL site. If you put it on the Middle East Forum, hardly none of us will read it. Certainly not me anyway.

Also any new route to / from Israel impacts EL AL such as Easyjet to GVA.
Thanks for the support. The forum managers thought just like you and made this theard sticky over here.

Shame that LY does not open new routes that year. I believe that they will have a great success CPH and ARN (DY will now fly over there). Also in SYD (even via HKG/BKK/PEK). I also believe they should extend the YYZ route to YVR/YUL, and the GRU route to EZE/SCL/LIM.
I hope that LY will be able to fly the TLV-MIA route again by 2011. I need to go to MIA by Nov 2011.

Last edited by gordo6; Feb 15, 2010 at 1:38 pm
Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Do they have anything more new routes from TLV-USA lately? I didn't hear it yet. What about LY will additional more frequencies from TLV-JFK/EWR/LAX. Also, LY could be comeback nonstop from TLV-MIA on operated 777 aircraft. I am not sure for which the specific routes is that. I know LY has been discontinuation out of MIA-TLV due to high cost of the fuel. So likewise, if LY will ever to be reinstates MIA-TLV on operating 777 aircraft. I think it will have to additional 3 or 4x weekly frequencies. It will have enough more profitable routes.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Hello Everyone,
I agree with some people here that this dont quite belong to the forum,
but since its already done, its done... ^

Anyway, You missed the increase capacity and the "improved" planed
to CDG starting March (747 on fridays, 777 during weekdays on the morning
flights).
Old Feb 16, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by N830MH
Do they have anything more new routes from TLV-USA lately?
With competition to the USA growing (CO, DL, US), would it make sense too add more US flights?

The times where ELAL were nearly the only carrier flying these routes are now over.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by ELAL
With competition to the USA growing (CO, DL, US), would it make sense too add more US flights?

The times where ELAL were nearly the only carrier flying these routes are now over.
CO has been rumored to be adding IAH-TLV once the 787 is delivered.

A bit OT, but when will we finally see one of the elite Asian carriers fly to TLV? I think that if CX or SQ began a TLV route it would be extremely successful. KE does not impress me much
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Israir twice weekly to Basel, starting next month.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:51 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by damaxer91
CO has been rumored to be adding IAH-TLV once the 787 is delivered.

A bit OT, but when will we finally see one of the elite Asian carriers fly to TLV? I think that if CX or SQ began a TLV route it would be extremely successful. KE does not impress me much
I've heard only good things about the KE flights from TLV. Of course I doubt I'll be flying SkyTeam any time soon.

SQ will never come between the Malay FAs and Malaysian and Indonesian stances on Israel. I think someone said CX has similar issues with Malay FAs.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
So Dubai has to give a visa to Shachar Peer and we don't need to give them to CX's Malay FA's.

Sounds more like a case of LY knowing that if SQ or CX started flying to TLV we'd all ditch them in a minute!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ebzed
Anyway, You missed the increase capacity and the "improved" planed
to CDG starting March (747 on fridays, 777 during weekdays on the morning
flights).
Originally Posted by ELAL
Israir twice weekly to Basel, starting next month.
Both added
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Both added
Why not simply adding links to the airlines time tables pdf files...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.