Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
I would have though BD suspending the route would have indeed increased traffic on LY (as well as BA).
I know a lot of people who only flew on the route while bmi was operating because it had become so cheap so they could go for any personal event they wanted to. I am sure that bmi leaving the route has caused prices to go up and demand to weaken.

Plus, British Airways and bmi took traffic that was continuing on to other destinations (IAD, BOS, MIA, ORD, JNB, HRE, EZE etc.) while El Al is almost entirely selling just LHR & LTN.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by NYC2TLV
while El Al is almost entirely selling just LHR & LTN.
There are plenty of passengers who fly from Israel to the US, by flying LY to LHR and connect from LHR with AA, it seems to be a cheap connection
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
LY will have to be freeing up the 777 & 744 aircraft to be announce more new potential new routes from TLV-ORD/MIA nonstop. If necessary, LY will ever to be reinstates from TLV-MIA nonstop will operated 4x weekly frequencies. It will have to be deployed on 777 aircraft. If the fuel price will going down.
Where are all the thoughts of MIA or ORD coming from? Seeing how expensive it was for LY to close these stations, and the cost of reopening them, I don't expect them to reappear on the route map anytime soon. Also, keep in mind that if they DO return, they will probably not be direct flights (MIA via JFK, ORD via YYZ was the norm back in the day).
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:25 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Jonathon Silva, it is not appropriate to name employees in the forum. It is actually against the FT TOS. Naming their position is fine, but their actual names should not be mentioned.
I thought it might be helpful for a clarification. If the employee is publicly known, whether in press or on the company website, we allow the name. If they are not, we ask that they not be named. Here's the relevant policy:

Guard Others' Privacy
With the exception of public figures, do not post names, addresses, phone numbers or e-mails of other FlyerTalk members. This information will be removed by moderators. Respect the privacy of non-management travel service employees by not referring to them by name.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q69

I've just done a search on Uri Danor, and found a number of articles identifying him.

Thanks to both of you for your helpfulness and informative posts.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:52 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I thought it might be helpful for a clarification...
Thanks for the clarification. ^
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:20 pm

Thanks for that, IMO in this case names should be used.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Thanks for the clarification. ^
Originally Posted by ELAL
Yeah, thanks to SanDiego1K for appreciate it for our contribution to keep their own privacy as real name is not permitted onto the FT forums. Please ensure to have make sure if you are creating new username and not to put the real name. You have to kept your own private.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Surely you mean in this case names can be used rather than should be used...?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Surely you mean in this case names can be used rather than should be used...?
I'd very much prefer that a name is used, I woundn't tend to believe what a 13 year old claims that he knows from a ELAL manager, when a name is mentioned it's more authentic and the info shared is more accurate.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
when a name is mentioned it's more authentic and the info shared is more accurate.
Not necessarily...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:31 am

There are plenty of passengers who fly from Israel to the US, by flying LY to LHR and connect from LHR with AA, it seems to be a cheap connection
Unfortunately, the majority of people using our code share flights with American Airlines are doing so from our gateways in JFK and LAX. Not many are using the European routings as we had hoped.

Originally Posted by JohnnieZ
Where are all the thoughts of MIA or ORD coming from? Seeing how expensive it was for LY to close these stations, and the cost of reopening them, I don't expect them to reappear on the route map anytime soon. Also, keep in mind that if they DO return, they will probably not be direct flights (MIA via JFK, ORD via YYZ was the norm back in the day).
We will not be returning to ORD or MIA anytime soon. There are those within the management that prefer a return to a non-stop MIA and a very small minority who want to return to non-stop ORD so that we can use the American Airlines hub to grab more offline traffic. The outgoing CEO was firmly opposed to ORD because he though that there was not enough traffic from ORD alone and that all traffic would be low yielding vacation traffic.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by LY Insider
Unfortunately, the majority of people using our code share flights with American Airlines are doing so from our gateways in JFK and LAX. Not many are using the European routings as we had hoped.
There is only one reason for that - the points. When you fly TLV-JFK-MIA you will get less points then TLV-EU-MIA. + the low earning for W fares, which make some pepople use foreign companies where there is no differnce between the earning in lowest business and highest business.
By the way - I can't access the AA codeshare earning page . Please check that...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:03 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by gordo6
There is only one reason for that - the points. When you fly TLV-JFK-MIA you will get less points then TLV-EU-MIA. + the low earning for W fares, which make some pepople use foreign companies where there is no differnce between the earning in lowest business and highest business.
By the way - I can't access the AA codeshare earning page . Please check that...

Yep, and giving me V class for TG beyond fares when flying TLV-BKK-DEL/MEL/SYD are a reason I'll soon stop flying LY altogether. I'd rather take TK or LH and earn on the whole route.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:35 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by gordo6
AI to BOM - may begin in Oct.
Does not seem very likely. AI is about to reduce its fleet by 28%.

ATW Daily News
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by TWA884
Does not seem very likely. AI is about to reduce its fleet by 28%.

ATW Daily News
http://www.passportnews.co.il/one_news.asp?ID=2627 (hebrew only)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.