Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Flights to Mecca?

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/qantas...bs-ng-p-207183

Israel is trying to persuade Saudi Arabia to allow direct special Hajj pilgrimage flights from Tel Aviv to Mecca for its citizens. Saudi restrictions mean they have to endure a 1610km bus route across the Jordan river and through the Saudi desert. Just two months ago, President Trump broke a longstanding taboo by flying between the two nations.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by nombody
https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/qantas...bs-ng-p-207183

Israel is trying to persuade Saudi Arabia to allow direct special Hajj pilgrimage flights from Tel Aviv to Mecca for its citizens. Saudi restrictions mean they have to endure a 1610km bus route across the Jordan river and through the Saudi desert. Just two months ago, President Trump broke a longstanding taboo by flying between the two nations.
They don't have to endure a 1610KM bus route - they could fly on a connecting flight on TK or take a bus to AMM and fly direct, I'm guessing.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by NYTA
They don't have to endure a 1610KM bus route - they could fly on a connecting flight on TK or take a bus to AMM and fly direct, I'm guessing.
Not easily because they won't be allowed into Saudi Arabia with Israeli passports. Israel, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia have a wink-wink arrangement whereby Israeli Arabs go to Jordan and "deposit" their Israeli passports and get temporary Jordanian documents which they use to go from Jordan to Saudi Arabia, and then do again on the return.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:36 am

Israir launches flights to Baku

https://www.azernews.az/travel/119503.html
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:38 am

XL launches flights to NY via CDG

http://www.travelmarketreport.com/ar...rk-to-Tel-Aviv
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Anyone know how come Alitalia is running a direct TLV-ATH service 7 evenings a week?!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by frb98mf
Anyone know how come Alitalia is running a direct TLV-ATH service 7 evenings a week?!
Because they can
LatusElAl and BATLV like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:32 am

Cathay increases on TLV/HKG route

http://www.finchannel.com/~finchanne...iv-and-fukuoka

Daily flights for October and November, Six-times a week starting March 25, 2018.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
I did the CX HKG flight a couple times, packed to the gills each time. The J cabin was mostly business people, Y was a mi, but mostly tourists.

Their yields must be fantastic.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'm sure lots of those biz ppl are more than happy not to fly LY's lousy unreliable and substandard product.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by entropy
I'm sure lots of those biz ppl are more than happy not to fly LY's lousy unreliable and substandard product.
The thing with LY is that their ground services & soft product in the premium cabins are actually quite pleasant and enjoyable in my opinion. Obviously, the hard product is where the discrepancy is. I'm sure that once the 787 fleet has had a chance to grow to a meaningful number and take over the bulk of long-haul flying CX won't enjoy the same "fishing with dynamite" environment they're in right now.

I'm a hopeless romantic, there's just something so comforting about turning up to the airport in a foreign country and boarding an aircraft with a Magen David emblazoned upon it and adorned with Hebrew letters.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
The thing with LY is that their ground services & soft product in the premium cabins are actually quite pleasant and enjoyable in my opinion. Obviously, the hard product is where the discrepancy is. I'm sure that once the 787 fleet has had a chance to grow to a meaningful number and take over the bulk of long-haul flying CX won't enjoy the same "fishing with dynamite" environment they're in right now.

I'm a hopeless romantic, there's just something so comforting about turning up to the airport in a foreign country and boarding an aircraft with a Magen David emblazoned upon it and adorned with Hebrew letters.
I don't disagree with that. The KDL is TLV is quite nice (As are the few others they have) and the soft product (They actually stock pretty decent wine onboard and the food is often pretty good particularly breakfast). Once they start YYZ with the 787 they'll be a better choice than AC for sure.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by entropy
I don't disagree with that. The KDL is TLV is quite nice (As are the few others they have) and the soft product (They actually stock pretty decent wine onboard and the food is often pretty good particularly breakfast). Once they start YYZ with the 787 they'll be a better choice than AC for sure.
Absolutely!

As I mentioned in a post higher up in this thread, a contract that I am working on with an Israeli client stipulates that all travel between Toronto & Tel-Aviv must be on LY because of the corporate contract they have with LY.

I love the 767 as an aviation fanboy and enthusiast, but as a passenger for flights longer than around 4-5 hours (to Europe for example), it's quite a mediocre experience. Can't wait for the 787 to be deployed to YYZ!!!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Absolutely!

As I mentioned in a post higher up in this thread, a contract that I am working on with an Israeli client stipulates that all travel between Toronto & Tel-Aviv must be on LY because of the corporate contract they have with LY.

I love the 767 as an aviation fanboy and enthusiast, but as a passenger for flights longer than around 4-5 hours (to Europe for example), it's quite a mediocre experience. Can't wait for the 787 to be deployed to YYZ!!!
I find it depends on airline and class of travel.

hat I like about LY 767 in Y is the roominess and comfort of the seats compared to others (787 is just not as comfy 9-abreast). They're actually quite comfortable. Also, lack of equipment box means your feet have somewhere to go. I dislike the fact that the seat in front of you can recline into your knees, the tiny overhead bins, and lack of outlets. I don't care about the lack of IFE as I bring my own.

In C, I hate it and would love the 787 in comparison.
rafi2k6 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:20 am

Wizz air rescue fare for stranded Monarch travelers

https://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/ne...viv-passengers

MONARCH PASSENGERS WITH VALID BOOKING FOR CANCELLED TEL AVIV ROUTE CAN BOOK FOR GBP119*
Wizz Air, the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe launched today rescue fares of GBP 119* for passengers affected by todays announcement of all Monarch Airlines flight cancellations.

Passengers in possession of a cancelled Monarch flight reservation between London Luton and Tel Aviv can book via https://wizzair.com/#/rescue/ or via the Wizz Air call centre to fly on Wizz Airs flights and must bring their original reservation when they travel. Wizz Air launched these unique rescue fares of GBP 119* to minimize disruption to Monarch passengers affected by todays flight cancellations. The rescue fare is subject to seat availability and passengers are advised to book quickly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.