Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by scoobiedo
What is Interline and is this an employee discount? I tried using that code but get the message "No Matching Specials Found".
Interline rates are 'technically' for those who work in the air, rail and sea industries.

I also tried the code and got the message, "Promo code not valid."
Old Dec 7, 2005, 9:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Costco 5% discount code: PC5005
Old Feb 5, 2007, 6:51 pm

Does anyone have an updated coupon code for 2007?

Hello,

I'm trying to find a coupon code for Dollar that is valid in Puerto Rico? I am renting a car the week of March 17 for 4 days (not consecutive) and looking for any discounts or free upgrades.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
This still works

Originally Posted by awtravel
Try this code: TIRR. It's for Interline rate.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:18 am

Where is your reservation. do you type this in under Corporate # I am getting invalid code
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:32 am

Entering the TIRR promo code (under "Specials") gives a 5% discount but the rental requirements state that renter "must present IATA or SATO card. No other form of ID accepted".

FF05 (Family and Friends 5% discount) Promo Code seems to still be working.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:06 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
If you're headed to Hawaii....

A code that waives the underage driver and the extra driver fees.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...52&postcount=1
Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by todd-r
Thanks for that! Any idea who the CD belongs to?
Does Dollar check/ask for company credentials?
Dollar franchises do not receive (and do not have access to) any identifying information regarding corporate discount numbers. The only thing that is shown in the computer system is the corporate discount number itself--no company name or other text. (The only thing that gives a clue is the first two letters of the account number: for example, BJ3010 is very likely a code of BJ's Wholesale Club, and both Alaska Airlines and another company whose initials begin with AS both have account numbers beginning with AS.

Promo codes (which are different than CD codes) are not even transmitted to franchises. All the franchise receives is the rate and a discount amount (typically either 5 or 10%) that automatically loads into the reservation.

So, at least at franchises, there really isn't anything to stop you from using any promo or corporate code you want. Corporate locations may see more information on their computer screens than franchises do, but I believe it is Dollar's policy not to require employee ID (a stupid policy, if you ask me, but...).

As a side note, Thrifty franchises do have access to corporate account information and do see promo codes (though not a description of what the promo code is for), but most rental agents just automatically whiz through the rental without paying too much attention to that stuff. I believe it is also Thrifty's policy to not require employee ID on reservations booked at corporate rates. (If the account you impersonate has any benefits like free coverages, you'll likely be asked for proof of employment and business travel status before they extend those benefits, though.)
Old Feb 23, 2008, 7:16 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Any new code that works? I need one for my upcoming travel to ANC.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Any new code that works? I need one for my upcoming travel to ANC.
The only ones I found that apply to ANC were the 10% American Express code (AX10), the $25 American Express gift card + free upgrade (AX25), and the national special prices on compacts, convertibles (haha) and minivans (8COM), but none of them actually worked.

YGPM, though.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Promo Code TARR game me 20% off today. Found at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/dollar.com
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: US,AA
Originally Posted by Rut Dog
Promo Code TARR game me 20% off today. Found at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/dollar.com
Worked for me in HNL, saved me a bundle
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rupmh
Worked for me in HNL, saved me a bundle
Careful, that's the Travel Agent Reduced Rate code. The rental agent is supposed to photocopy your IATA card to give you that discount. In my experience, that's the one discount code for which ID is actually required...and enforced.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:46 pm

SouthWest Corp discount

I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but I just reserved online with a Southwest Airlines corp code I got from another website. The discount is HUGE! The site claims it's for the FF members and not employees:

"Members of Southwest Airlines' Rapid Rewards program can use corporate code SW2358 for discounted rates from Dollar. I would recommend taking your Rapid Rewards card with you when you pick up the car. If you're not a member, sign up for free on the Southwest Airlines web site and you can print out a card instantly. "

Has anyone used this successfully before?
Old May 16, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by kamgol
I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but I just reserved online with a Southwest Airlines corp code I got from another website. The discount is HUGE! The site claims it's for the FF members and not employees:

"Members of Southwest Airlines' Rapid Rewards program can use corporate code SW2358 for discounted rates from Dollar. I would recommend taking your Rapid Rewards card with you when you pick up the car. If you're not a member, sign up for free on the Southwest Airlines web site and you can print out a card instantly. "

Has anyone used this successfully before?
"Error Processing Your Request"

One-off post. Should have known...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.