Search

Temporary license?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Temporary license?

Hi everyone,

Went to the DMV yesterday in PHX to get my new AZ license & after 2.5+ hours sitting there walked out w/a paper print out (w/photo) of a temporary license; told I can expect the real one in about 15 days in the mail.

Realized this morning I have to rent a car on my trip to BOS next week-does anyone know if this will be a problem w/Dollar? Would hate to cancel the trip but no point in getting there & then getting stuck in the airport

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:04 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by txrus
Hi everyone,

Went to the DMV yesterday in PHX to get my new AZ license & after 2.5+ hours sitting there walked out w/a paper print out (w/photo) of a temporary license; told I can expect the real one in about 15 days in the mail.

Realized this morning I have to rent a car on my trip to BOS next week-does anyone know if this will be a problem w/Dollar? Would hate to cancel the trip but no point in getting there & then getting stuck in the airport

Thanks in advance!
My closest experience was in Virginia at a National location. I rented using a temporary license without problems. The license number was the same as the old one, and I had the expired plastic card, which DMV punched through with the words "VOID". In the end, though, the paper printout was sufficient. No questions. YMMV.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
It's been a while since I lived in MA, but when I did they used temporary print-outs as well. This may benefit you since your rental location is in BOS. Your best bet is to call the local office where you are renting, speak with the manager, get an answer, and write down his/her name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.