FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dollar | Express Renter Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting-422/)
-   -   Dollar at MCO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dollar-express-renter-rewards-closed-posting/1386979-dollar-mco.html)

Mr. Vker Sep 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Dollar at MCO

And recent experiences? They are pricing minivans in November for 1/3 of anyone else. I normally go with National or Hertz. But I wont pay $750+ when I can get it for $270 from Dollar. Too good to be true. How is the service there?

am1108 Sep 14, 2012 1:23 pm

This is a choice location so you will basically go to the counter and have them put your info in the system, they will give you your contract and tell you to go choose a vehicle from the row or section. I strongly suggest that you look around the car before you get to the gate (as should be with any rental) and tell the person at the exit about the damages.

I would say the service ok, just don't set your expectations too high (not like Hertz, not like National) especially since MCO is probably a busy airport. Also if you can, to expedite the time you will spend at the counter I would do the RapidRental check in Because it takes a couple of minutes to put all of your info in.

Although I will have to say It will definitely be worth saving $300+ dollars.

nordictat2 Sep 15, 2012 4:12 am

We have used Dollar at MCO in the past and there where no issues. We are Express members so it took a total of 10 mins or so between getting the car, loading up and out of the airport. Choice is ok.

Mr. Vker Sep 15, 2012 7:06 am

Thanks! We just joined express and attached to our reservation. Just cannot look past the savings!

am1108 Sep 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker (Post 19319685)
Thanks! We just joined express and attached to our reservation. Just cannot look past the savings!

Just remember that with Express you either have to get miles or get 16 days to get a free day certificate, you cannot do both.

ikwia Sep 20, 2012 5:47 pm

I rent from Dollar at MCO at LEAST 30 times per year, for several years going now. Overall, I've been very happy -- it is very easy and fast to pick up and return, and most of the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Mr. Vker Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by scottmlew (Post 19354141)
I rent from Dollar at MCO at LEAST 30 times per year, for several years going now. Overall, I've been very happy -- it is very easy and fast to pick up and return, and most of the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Sweet Thanks!

TSXKid Oct 3, 2012 3:09 am

Originally Posted by am1108 (Post 19332017)
Just remember that with Express you either have to get miles or get 16 days to get a free day certificate, you cannot do both.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "Get Miles"..

Thanks,

TSXKid

jerry a. laska Oct 3, 2012 11:19 am

Originally Posted by TSXKid (Post 19428121)
Could you please clarify what you mean by "Get Miles"..

Thanks,

TSXKid

It means what it says. With Renter Rewards you either choose airline miles or, instead of airline miles, you can earn credits for a free rental day (one credit per day, 16 credits needed for a free rental day). Go to dollar.com and read about the Rental Rewards program.

IflyfromABE Oct 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Just for posterity's sake because this is a Dollar at MCO thread (and because I rent from Dollar there weekly) :

- Each terminal (A and B) has it's own pickup and drop-of locations; it's ok to drop of to the other, not to pick up.
- Prices online change like crazy; lots of $12-18 daily rates; so check early and often and modify those reservations. Sometimes the lowest thing you can get is $30.
- Express is a must. But they are open until 11 PM or so, so after that it is the counter
- They do not have much economy, so if you get an Express car on an economy reservation it will be upgraded (I got a Kia Optima last week)
- They are full or Crown Vics. And most of them have 30K miles or more. So if you chose "compact or better" you WILL get a Crown Vic.
- Decline the toll thing and this is one airport that does not pay to prefill the tank, unless you are planning to drive 300 miles or more. There is a Chevron station right before the toll road on the right side with decently priced gas.
- Last but not least: check your car before you drive for dings. Orlando parking spaces are tiny and most Dollar cars are dinged...

ikwia Oct 31, 2012 9:03 am

Originally Posted by IflyfromABE (Post 19594446)
- They do not have much economy, so if you get an Express car on an economy reservation it will be upgraded (I got a Kia Optima last week)
- They are full or Crown Vics. And most of them have 30K miles or more. So if you chose "compact or better" you WILL get a Crown Vic.

As a weekly renter at MCO, I wanted to second IflyfromABE's comments, with a couple of exceptions...I often get an economy car as an Express member. Personally, I prefer this over an "upgrade" (lower fuel cost, easy to squeeze into small spaces). I have never gotten a Crown Vic when renting economy or compact...usually a Focus or Optima, sometimes an Altima (like my current rental).

For gas, the Chevron suggestion was good. You can also get gas at either of the stations right off the Narcoossee exit (7-11 and BP) -- they sell at going market rate. Do NOT buy gas on Semoran, which will be tempting if you're starting at one of the hotels that are just off of the airport property...the 2 nearby Semoran stations charge double market rate!

ThriftyWanderer Jan 8, 2013 1:06 am

I recently rented a mini-van at Dollar - MCO, Hertz (my favorite) couldn't come close to the great rate that dollar had on mini-vans. I used the Rapid Rental Check-In, which shortened the time spent at the counter.

We were told to walk the aisle and select our choice. So, we looked at about 5 vans, all had scratches and high mileage. We photographed the van's condition before driving off. The return process was similar to Hertz's quick service, but the vehicle was a tad older than most Hertz rentals. Can't complain when I saved about $300 on this rental.

travelcoupons Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by scottmlew (Post 19597766)

For gas, the Chevron suggestion was good. You can also get gas at either of the stations right off the Narcoossee exit (7-11 and BP) -- they sell at going market rate. Do NOT buy gas on Semoran, which will be tempting if you're starting at one of the hotels that are just off of the airport property...the 2 nearby Semoran stations charge double market rate!

There's a map of gas prices here (scroll down the page): http://rentalcodes.com/cheap/orlando...discounts.html

They have that CHevron that overcharges on the local news here every few months interviewing shocked customers AFTER they've filled their tanks. :td: