Additional driver fee is $12/day...

Old May 12, 2012, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Additional driver fee is $12/day...

...except in CA, according to the rep. I spoke with tonight. Even a spouse pays. No wonder I never rent from them.
Old May 15, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
...except in CA, according to the rep. I spoke with tonight. Even a spouse pays. No wonder I never rent from them.
Thats the thing with low cost car rental places, they will gouge you wherever they can... just like Spirit.... everythings a la carte. But $12? I've seen it $10 in some cities.
Old May 15, 2012, 5:47 pm

hertz wanted $35 in Hawaii (for drivers beyond spouse) I am a hertz gold member through my plat card, we had reserved 2 cars for the family (1 for us, 1 for my inlaws) I basically told them that if they wanted the business they had to waive the fee for the second car since it was for my father in-law to drive.

Rep called the manager who did it...

there's always a way around certain fees.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: Alaska, United, Delta, Amtrak, Southwest, American Airlines
Originally Posted by philemer
Thanks for posting about the $12 fee, I could not find the charge listed on the dollar.com website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.