Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How could the Dollar/Thifty group be worth $2 billion?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jackal
Good idea on paper, but Hertz is now running cars about as old as Dollar Thrifty does (at least I've gotten some 40,000-mile cars from Hertz). Dollar Thrifty recently authorized their fleet folks to keep cars upwards of 60,000 miles, although I have yet to see some cars actually make it up that high yet.
Usually its the Minivans, Suburbans, Tahoes, etc that are being run that high, cars are about 45-55K depending on the timing on which new cars will come in. You really cannot keep a car for too long, a lot of problems will start showing up. Even though cars are becoming more reliable and lasting longer it gets expensive when you have to change tires every so often and after continuous use of a car it starts wearing down, especially when some people don't/did not realize that the car needed an oil change 2,000 miles ago after they have driven it for a couple of weeks, etc.

Im pretty sure that Hertz will mostly utilize the newer cars and as time/mileage goes along it will be passed to Dollar and Thrifty. From my personal experience I have never gotten a car more than 20,000 mi from Hertz... yet and hopefully they will keep it that way
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*
Do they even make enough money to be worth $2 Billion dollars?? I mean Dollar and Thrifty are not really everywhere. I can maybe see 1 Billion. I had a not so great experience the last (only) time I had to rent from thrifty.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ua653flyer
Do they even make enough money to be worth $2 Billion dollars?? I mean Dollar and Thrifty are not really everywhere. I can maybe see 1 Billion. I had a not so great experience the last (only) time I had to rent from thrifty.
Hertz is paying a lot of money to get rid off a competitor so Hertz itself can raise the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.