Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Point?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platnium, Hyatt GP Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
What is the Point?

I have been a Dollar Rental Rewards Member for 2 years and have rented about 3 months worth of vehicles at different times. Supposedly, after 16 days you get a certificate for 1 day free. Every certificate I have received has an expriation date on it which is usually the end of the month in which it was received .

I don't really see the point in continuing the "Rental Rewards" Program since there is no "status" or upgrade involved.

Please enlighten me if I am wrong.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
While i agree the program is not very good, being a member has let me bypass significantly long lines in both SAN and LAS and had me dropped at my car in ORD and DTW, all of which saved me a lot of time. My rewards preference is set to miles so I don't have to worry about the certificates.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by DFWBryan
I have been a Dollar Rental Rewards Member for 2 years and have rented about 3 months worth of vehicles at different times. Supposedly, after 16 days you get a certificate for 1 day free. Every certificate I have received has an expriation date on it which is usually the end of the month in which it was received .

I don't really see the point in continuing the "Rental Rewards" Program since there is no "status" or upgrade involved.

Please enlighten me if I am wrong.
All of the certificates I've seen are good for a year from the date of issue. Are you sure they don't expire at the end of the month of the following year?

I recently switched my earning preferences from miles to certificates, as the surcharges for earning miles really don't make that a good value (you can usually buy the miles directly from the airline for less). United is currently running a promo (1,000 miles per rental) that is making me rethink this, though...
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
All of the certificates I've seen are good for a year from the date of issue. Are you sure they don't expire at the end of the month of the following year?
I agree, I've seen several people pass through with these certificates, valid for 1 year. Also, I have heard of customers who have expiring free day coupons calling our corporate number, usually corporate can extend those coupons by sending you new ones or offering a free upgrade coupon instead.

And can you honestly complain? You do end up skipping the lines and getting these coupons for signing up to a free program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.