Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying After DVT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Many drug stores or medical supply shops.
I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'm going to have to get some for my trip next month.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:36 pm

Ideally you should be measured and prescribed the proper socks. Too tight can cause problems.

Aspirin is ok on flights 3 hours or less btw, straight from the hematologist's mouth.

Had a DVT somewhere around early 2006.

Avoid tomato juice on flight.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Pointeater

Avoid tomato juice on flight.
What's the problem with tomato juice please?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:33 am

I think this link is helpful http://www.airhealth.org

There is some research cited though how accurate it is I don't know since I did not cross check. However, it seems clear that immobility is not the big problem. I found it very interesting that 80% of cases are under 60, I think it said, and athleticism is a major risk factor! I see that BC and ERT are risk factors for women and that electrolytic beverages are better than water as plain water can increase blood viscosity. All is helpful information.

I am interested in the measurements the doctor gave for compression stockings. I have seen these in stores and in catalogs such as Magellan and Travel Smith but didn't know there was a particular measurement associated with them. Please explain. They certainly are expensive and hard to get on and off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.