Community
Wiki Posts
Search

travel after surgery

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:42 am
Original Poster

travel after surgery

hi everyone im going to be traveling to tijuanna for gastric sleeve surgery next yr and i will need some help geting to and from the terminals after my surgery as i wont be able to walk and ive never traveled to the states before ..im from canada and i would like to know if they have the either wherlchairs or those golf cart things that help ppl get to their right plane...some infor would be nice ...from vancouver to san fran to san diego airports
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Hi Amanda, the Air Carrier Access Act requires that airlines provide wheelchair assistance on flights to/from/within the USA. That assistance is provided from check-in to baggage claim, and can be requested during booking for your flight.

Best wishes on a successful surgery!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Hi Amanda, the Air Carrier Access Act requires that airlines provide wheelchair assistance on flights to/from/within the USA. That assistance is provided from check-in to baggage claim, and can be requested during booking for your flight.

Best wishes on a successful surgery!
I presume that you are flying from SAN. Your larger issue won't be whether you can have assistance from a wheelchair, but whether your air carrier will accept you for transport post-surgery if you are in a condition where you cannot walk.

Particularly because you will be in the US and having had treatment in Mexico, you will want to make certain that you have medical records clearly stating in English that you are fit to fly. Make sure that you really are. There is a reason for the requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.