Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Indianapolis International Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: None - fairly infrequent flier

I would like to brag on my home airport, Indianapolis International. I have MS and have recently had to start using wheelchair assistance to and from the Gate. The last few weeks I've been having a little more trouble walking than usual, so I e-mailed via the airport's "contact us" link and asked if there was a way to get a wheelchair from the main door into the airport instead of walking the 50+ yards to the Information Desk to request wheelchair assistance.

Staff from the airport replied within 20 minutes, giving me a direct number to call to request a wheelchair meet me at the door, even suggesting I call 5-10 minutes before I arrive to minimize my wait time.

Since I'm traveling solo this time, I was really worried that I could stumble and fall without a travel companion's arm to steady me. I'm no longer dreading my arrival at the airport. Good job, Indianapolis International!!
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:36 pm

Wonderful - always great to hear good news. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
INDY can be proud of the airport.., myself I like it best returning home.

Glad to hear they are treating you Great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.