Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

What are the rules for medical carry-ons?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

(Extra bag, not TSA issues.)
Old May 19, 2015, 12:25 pm

I think as long as its in its own designated bag you're ok. For example, you can't carry on a second roller board by stating that there's a cpap in it. It's got to be in its own specific case. I've seen people with a small tote filled completely with medications that the agents have let slide, even though they aren't technically medical equipment.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
I think as long as its in its own designated bag you're ok. For example, you can't carry on a second roller board by stating that there's a cpap in it. It's got to be in its own specific case. I've seen people with a small tote filled completely with medications that the agents have let slide, even though they aren't technically medical equipment.
A Delta GA wouldn't budge.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL has a clearly-delineated policy as to when one gets an extra bag and what the limits on that extra bag are. If you are in 100% compliance, just ask the GA for a red coat.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...mt-member.html
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:19 am

International flights?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL does not distinguish. However, depending on your destination and any country at which you may stopover or connect, you may want to consider whether the items you are carrying are subject to any restrictions.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: United MP
My extra bag is always wheelchair parts that I remove from the chair at the gate, and return them on arrival. I don't try and mix them with other stuff to circumvent rules.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Only put medical and mobility items in the extra bag. Don't even add a sweater!

Works for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.