Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Upgrade possibillity for a medical condition?

Upgrade possibillity for a medical condition?

Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: OnePass
Very sorry to hear of your physical difficulties. There is another medical condition that also makes traveling in Economy Class excruciating: chronic obesity -- perhaps you've heard of it?
Can you imagine what a circus the airport would become if everyone who suffered from that were to request a courtesy upgrade?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by guaCOmole
Very sorry to hear of your physical difficulties. There is another medical condition that also makes traveling in Economy Class excruciating: chronic obesity -- perhaps you've heard of it?
Can you imagine what a circus the airport would become if everyone who suffered from that were to request a courtesy upgrade?

Well I did that once, it was ~9 years ago on a trip from yul to las via PHL(i think). I have not travelled in 5+ years and it did not dawn on me that I have overgrown the Y seat. My first leg to PHL with a CRJ was painful(but thankfully my friend was able to accommodate.) Upon arriving PHL I went straight to the US desk and see if something can be done(I was prepared to pay for an extra seat), to my surprise the GA told me after the flight door has closed a FA will move me to the front, free of charge.

I really lucked out that time but after that I made sure I purchase additional seat/redeem for upgrade etc.

I guess that is why check-in agent does check if you are a passenger of size now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.