Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Travability’s Response to: Issues Paper: Airline Two Wheelchair Policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

http://travability.travel/airlines/aawg_submission.html

Some good stuff in here, including the major access provisions of both US and EU law, and a chart comparing US and international flights from Australia to domestic flight access.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:48 am

A really interesting article, particularly the experiences expressed in the "Scandic" segment, and how they have managed to provide access in areas which were previously considered impossible. It all boils down to "where there is a will there is a way". It has been my experience in dealing with accessibility issues for the past 35 years that where there is a will and genuine desire to provide access they (developers, architects, builders, historical organisations) will find a way, irrespective of the conditions and circumstances. Contrary to that of course, when the will does not exist those same people will find every excuse available in order to avoid providing access.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HiltonP
It has been my experience in dealing with accessibility issues for the past 35 years that where there is a will and genuine desire to provide access they (developers, architects, builders, historical organisations) will find a way, irrespective of the conditions and circumstances. Contrary to that of course, when the will does not exist those same people will find every excuse available in order to avoid providing access.
So true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.