Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for handicapped drop off at EWR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100

I will be flying with my elderly father, who has advanced Parkinsons and very limited mobility, next week out of EWR.

An aide from his senior home will be driving him to EWR, where I will meet him (because moving him from the rental car center to terminal would be too challenging with bags). Can I get the wheelchair attendants to meet us at the curb? Is there a door or point at terminal C that is better for handicapped drop off?

Thanks for any tips or ideas, dont know EWR very well and want to make this flight (probably his last) as easy as possible.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:28 pm

While we're waiting for someone who knows EWR well to respond, I'll just ask if it wouldn't be a good idea to bring your own (his own) wheelchair along on this trip? While it's something extra to keep track of, it would mean you don't have rely on outside parties to provide wheelchair assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.