Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

The Video - Disability & Traveling with Air Canada :-(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

At least twice a month I need to travel with Air Canada and I feel like it's making me crazy. I have a disability with my arm, the arm is broken and really fragile.

Basically I need to pre-board because I am terrified of someone knocking into me on the way into the plane. It takes a couple minutes more for me because I'm using one hand only to arrange my bags.

Air Canada used to always make an announcement about pre-boarding for people who have disabilities or need help.

I started collecting video of the problems I have traveling with my disability. This is one video to call them out in their constant lying.

http://youtu.be/rgqsFqYZwSA

The last time I was in Orlando, one of the gate agents refused to let me board before other passengers. When I wrote to Air Canada they sent me a denial of what happened, including this:

"At Air Canada, we do not have pre-boarding announcements but we offer priority boarding for customers who require additional time and for our Top Tier customers. I am sorry you were not aware of this and did not board with the announcement for priority boarding"

I hate how they just lie when confronted about how they treat people with disabilities.

Tomorrow I will be back at Orlando airport, dealing with the gate agents here is a nightmare.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=rgqsFqYZwSA

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 11, 2012 at 8:38 am Reason: To merge consecutive posts of same member.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:40 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
vanessavanessa, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Please follow the thread as it moves to the forum dedicated to Disability Travel. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: United MP
The first video seems to say that you've got to be in a wheelchair to get priority boarding. Silly. You could request a chair if that's the only way.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:15 pm

There was a recent thread in the Air Canada forum that might be related:

FlyerTalk - Air Canada Aeroplan: New Boarding Announcements?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I am Deaf and I always preboard. I am too anxious to risk being put on the wrong flight or missing my flight. I have never had problems with AC at MCO. BOS is another story.

Last edited by flyquiet; Sep 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.