Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

News: Disability rights promoters irked at Swissair’s treatment of wheelchair user

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

News: Disability rights promoters irked at Swissair’s treatment of wheelchair user

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

http://www.independent.com.mt/news.a...sitemid=123985

On Monday 4 April, Mr Chalklen was informed that he couldn’t board the flight he booked if he planned to travel unaccompanied, because the Swiss Air Medical Department argued that he could not use the sanitary facilities independently. The standard flight time for this route, from London to Geneva, is one hour, 40 minutes, and although Mr Chalklen is a frequent and experienced flyer, he was refused access on the grounds of his disability.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:57 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was a stupid decision. I wonder if they can be fined for that . . . that would be a nice reminder to all European airlines.

By the way, I am very curious as to the article because there is no such airline as "Swissair" or "Swiss Air" anymore-- it is "Swiss International Airlines" or just "Swiss"; someone didn't do their homework.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.