Consolidated "State Fair! Food on a stick and fried things" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "State Fair! Food on a stick and fried things" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:59 pm

Unhappy

Heading for the Somerset PA county fair this week. I love funnel cake. Sadly, some 400-pounder heaves into view just as I make my purchase. Spoils my appetite.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by scubadiver
Heading for the Somerset PA county fair this week. I love funnel cake. Sadly, some 400-pounder heaves into view just as I make my purchase. Spoils my appetite.
We're reaching the time of year when I miss The Big E (6 state fair held in West Springfield, Ma). I could eat my weight in fried dough covered in pizza sauce for dinner followed by my weight in fried dough covered in cinnamon and sugar for dessert. That would make me 450 pounds.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My list from this year's North Carolina State Fair:

- Corn on the cob
- Deep fried pumpkin pie
- Krispy Kreme Burger
- Deep fried Three Musketeers
- Deep fried cookie dough
- Deep fried Oreos

The pumpkin pie was my favorite, it was so hot and gooey and delicious. My two friends and I were skeptical about the KK Burger but it ended up being amazing. It was like having your entree and your dessert in your mouth at the same time. The cookie dough was also quite good.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2016/may/17...calorie-bombs/

Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

http://www.guidelive.com/state-fair/...semi-finalists
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Big Tex finalists are out:

Caribbean Pineapple Korn-a-Copia
Grilled chicken and shrimp served over Caribbean fried rice, topped with a tropical salsa and pineapple rum glaze and served in a pineapple half shell.

Deep-Fried Bacon Burger Dog Slider on a Stick
"A miniature, handmade seasoned ground beef patty is stuffed with shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and an all-beef hot dog on a Hawaiian roll. It is then placed on a skewer topped with a pickle, dipped in a tempura batter and deep fried to perfection. Every Bacon Burger Dog is served on a bed of shoe string fries with ranch dipping sauce."

Deep-Fried Pulled Pork Funyun Dings
"A Funyun, the traditional crunchy snack, is stuffed with pulled pork, pepper jack cheese, pineapple slices and bacon. It is then dipped in a flavorful batter and deep fried."

Fernie’s Down Home Chicken Pot Pie Pocket with Mac 'n' Cheese Dip
"A savory cream sauce chock-full of shredded roasted chicken breast, tender diced white potatoes, sweet carrots, peas, corn and a special blend of herbs and spices" is ladled into pastry dough and folded "Hot Pocket-style." It's served with a mac 'n' cheese-inspired dip.

Fried Jell-O
Cherry-flavored Jell-O is coated in panko bread crumbs, flash-fried, dusted with powdered sugar and topped with whipped cream and a cherry.

Injectable Great Balls of BBQ
"Smoke-crusted barbecue beef brisket is hand shredded with bock barbecue sauce and molded to form balls. The ball of beef is then breaded with seasoned bread crumbs and deep-fried to a crispy perfection. Served on top of a bed of coleslaw, each order comes with its own pipette of bock barbecue sauce to be injected into the brisket balls."

Southern Fried Chicken and Dumplins
"Juicy shredded chicken is mixed with bits of signature seasonings, dough and a touch of gravy. This decadent mixture is then rolled into balls, coated with bread crumbs and deep-fried golden brown!" The balls ares served with fried “biscuit bites” and a side of gravy.

State Fair Cookie Fries
A deep-fried cookie — in flavors like chocolate chip or sprinkles — shaped like a French fry and served with strawberry or milk chocolate sauce.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restau...jell-o-8606261
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:03 pm

I enjoy the funnel cakes at the fair. I also like the elephant ears. Fried mushrooms are a favorite of mine.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by swag
Big Tex finalists are out:

Injectable Great Balls of BBQ
"Smoke-crusted barbecue beef brisket is hand shredded with bock barbecue sauce and molded to form balls. The ball of beef is then breaded with seasoned bread crumbs and deep-fried to a crispy perfection. Served on top of a bed of coleslaw, each order comes with its own pipette of bock barbecue sauce to be injected into the brisket balls."

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restau...jell-o-8606261
Very creative. I would like to try this.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:20 pm

Some slight new ground broken here ;)

http://www.indystar.com/story/entert...joy/519934001/
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Egg Cream sounds tasty.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
2021 Big Tex finalists announced. Many of these sound pretty good, and I'm amazed at the creativity.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/resta...foods-12206052

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.