Wiki Posts
Search

Adults ordering Room Service off the Kids Menu at Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Adults ordering Room Service off the Kids Menu at Hotels

What do you think about this ?

Surely it's a case of your paying money for the food, who cares who eats it !

I remember years ago ordering something off the kids menu for room service and was given a right interogation ! it's just that what i wanted was only on the kids menu

I have done it only 1 other time and learning from my previous experience just said as i ordered that a friend is bringing their kids over for a visit so i wanted some food around for them.

So do hotels not allow/ frown upon/ don't care about Adults ordering room service off the kids menu ?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:51 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Oftentimes what I want is only on the kids menu....

I am very honest... and ask if I can order for myself off the kids menu... and I have always been accomodated. I have even been asked if I wanted to turn it into an "adult" entree with a salad or double order....

No need to be ashamed. I would be shocked if they would mind. My problem would be the cost.... the service fees could be more than the meal...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I've done it before. The only time I've been concerned about it is when the kid's menu is extraordinarily cheap, almost as if they are pricing it at cost or just slightly above. In those instances I ask first.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:37 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
There was a pasta dish or something once late at night on the room service kids menu when we arrived (after the restaurant was closed) that sounded way better then the "adult" stuff. We asked if they could make an adult sized dish instead, no problems.

My concern for them would be if it was a kids eat at half price or something deal, but if it's full price, they shouldn't really care, they still add all the charges onto it.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I only do this when there are real good prizes in the Happy Meals...oh, that's not room service...but still, I do it.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by dingo
I only do this when there are real good prizes in the Happy Meals...oh, that's not room service...but still, I do it.
I have a huge box full of Happy Meal toys, many still in wrappers. True, I have 4 kids, but they didn't eat all the hamburgers.

Occasionally, I see an age requirement on a kids menu. No problem, I'd have to order 2 kids meals to satisfy my hunger unless I was looking for a snack. But, I wouldn't hestitate to order one if that's what I wanted. And it's nobody's business how old I am.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:11 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
We don't hesitate to order off the children's menu if there are things on there we prefer or love. We also do this at lavish buffets too -- as the children's section tends to have lot of the best food!!

Regarding room service, in all instances, we have been accommodated.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 4:22 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Many times its about the size of portions... nothing wrong with ordering from the kids menu IMO.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 4:26 pm

Not a problem...now if you're talking about Kids ordering Adult Programming off the In-Room Entertainment Service Menu at Hotels, then you've got a problem
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
If fish sticks and grilled cheese sandwiches are your thing, go for it.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Being a vegetarian, there are times that the only thing on the menu is on the Kid Menu. I tell them that and what I would like. Have never been turned down.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:54 am
Suspended

yes, i have ordered togo and for room service from kids menu.

the portion is more often what is best for me and the selection might be what i want. being on the road stresses me, so grilled cheese sandwich or maybe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and milk are perfect for me.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:59 pm

I've never ordered off the kid's menu, but I did have a time where the hotel thought I was a kid. This was delivered to the room at the Four Seasons Vancouver where my cousin and I were staying at one night (I was 24, she was 17 at the time).

The real reason though that we got a cookies and milk delivery was because another family member who worked for the resort at the time put our ages in the "4-7" category as a joke. It was still fun to relive my childhood.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Love the cookie story in the above post!!!!

I have ordered off the childrens menu for my wife who was pregnant at the time. She absolutley had to have a hotdog... There was a bit of a pause when we ordered (I assumed they knew who was registered in the room) I ordered a club sandwich for myself.

When the food arrived I ended up with the hotdog...
Old Sep 13, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Many years ago when Burger King had gold plated Pokemon cards, I bought the Kid's meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.