Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are there any restaurants whose food you dream about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any restaurants whose food you dream about?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mntblue
- Soup dumpling from Ding Tai Feng in Taipei
- White truffle Risotto at L'Obe in Hotel de Crillon, Paris
- The chicken dish at House of Nanking, San Fransisco
- Quail with potatos and pistachios, Annisa, NYC
- Green tea mille crepe at Ushiwakamaru, NYC
You know what's funny, I was thinking about trying the soup dumplings at Shanghai Diner @ 100 Mott Street, just north of Canal - apparently, they are the best in Chinatown - have you been? (Certainly, it would clear up any nosebleeds you may be suffering from, lol. - in-joke there, folks)
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:23 am

Chipotle.

Yes, I'm serious.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I can't remember the name of the spot, but there's a casual/bar on Las Ramblas in Barcelona about a block from LM, that specializes in a fantastic jamon on flauta bread (sp??). I generallly don't eat fat-- but will make an exception for this sandwich
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Another Philly Spot

My favorite is The White Dog Cafe in Philadelphia. I always eat there whenever in town, and have never been disappointed. Christmas dinner this year was from recipes in their cookbook!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Living in Paris, I eat incredibly well, however I still crave a real Jersey Sub (and not a "Jersey Mike's" sub, I'm talking about the South Jersey subs like White House in Atlantic City or others in the region). That to me is the ultimate comfort food, and I live on it when I visit family in the area.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:03 pm

Martin's Capitol Cafe in Roswell, New Mexico.

Excellent New Mexican - Mexican food, and amazingly cheap. Anytime I'm within a 5 hour drive of the place, I'll go there.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Sushi Dai in the Tsukiji Fish Market
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:51 am

Emily's Bakery

We vacationed for over 20 years on West Beach on Long Island Sound. It is near/in the town of West Brook CT. We stayed for the month of August every year at the Marietta Cottage and every Sunday we went to Emily's bakery for our weekly donuts and breads for the week after church. That place was amazing and so was our cottage. A two lane road separated us from the sand and water. We could walk to a cottage store and there was all the penny candy you could want. A quarter got a huge bag full. I loved everything about that place. The cottage we rented burned down a while back and it was a very sad moment. We drove every single year from Chicago to CT all four kids in the station wagon. My parents were saints. We swam, skied , sailed all summer long. The same families always rented the three cottages so it was like family reunion every summer. My Mom's relative were there so we all had a blast. My sister was just there and the cottages on both sides of the Marietta were still there. Brought back wonderful memories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.