Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
I tried Chick-Fil-A last month, when they had the chicken tenders giveaway. They have a 'diet' lemonade that is made with splenda - it was the best lemonade I have ever had.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 5:57 pm

When CFA introduced milkshakes a year or so ago, I scored some free coupons for same. Extremely good chocolate milkshake. A very tasty sandwich, as well.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:07 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I like most of what their menu offers and the waffle fries are amazing but one thing I'd love to tell their owner: DON'T SOAK YOUR HAMBURGER PATTIES IN BUTTER! Wow is it ever so salty. So much sodium it's sickening.
Chick-Fil-A serves hamburgers?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:09 pm

For years they've always seemed to be closed on the rare occasions I would eat fast food.

A colleague insisted on a recent trip, so I went along for curiosity's sake.

Unremarkable.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Only at the original Chic Fil A dwarf house but this poster was referring to the chicken sandwich buns as hamburger buns. That is the generic name for the buns. Also the best thing at a chic fil a is an old fashioned fried apple pie. It can be found at the Dwarf Houses. mmmmmtasty
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by troyb
My mouth is watering at the mere discussion of Chic-Fil-A. Does that answer your question?
+1
Originally Posted by deubster
When CFA introduced milkshakes a year or so ago, I scored some free coupons for same. Extremely good chocolate milkshake. A very tasty sandwich, as well.
I love their coffee caramel milkshake! Very yummy!

The only CFA near us, other than the one at the mall, is by Wegman's. Needless to say, I find myself in Wegman's anytime I'm craving CFA--kill two birds with one stone.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by najay
I tried Chick-Fil-A last month, when they had the chicken tenders giveaway. They have a 'diet' lemonade that is made with splenda - it was the best lemonade I have ever had.
Shoot, I prefer that diet lemonade to the regular. I'll blame my GA-born ex for that one...
Old Oct 9, 2008, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Good fries. Good nuggets. Good soup. Good cole slaw. Good salads.

I find the sandwiches bland but they improve with the addition of honey mustard sauce (which I like on their fries too). I like the diet lemonade, but have to add 2-3 packets of Splenda to cut down the pucker.

I think the ice dream is nasty and dry, but I like the lemon pie.

I could care less about their politics or religion. At least they're open about it.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
The only thing that saves me when traveling through miserable ATL. ^
Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:34 pm

Well as for the " i refuse to eat there...." based on beliefs, I would usually think that's dumb, but today i was at starbucks and they had this propoganda flyer about hot election topics, this issue was about gas prices and record oil profits. Of course, no mention of profit margins, demand for oil etc etc. So I will not be drinking at starbucks anytime soon.

Back on topic - Chick Fil A food is pretty good. Fries in peanut oil.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by bitburgr
"Chicken burger" sounded a little weird
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I had my first about 13 years ago and thought all of the hype was crazy, until I ate one of their sandwiches. That they give money to Christian organizations and not left-wing whackjob charities is ok in my book.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: UA/MAR
I can't believe we made it to the third page before someone mentioned the milkshakes. Oreo....Milkshake...mmm...drool...
Old Oct 10, 2008, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
"Chicken burger" sounded a little weird

I've always thought that this was somewhat weird nomenclature - I always picture patties made of ground chicken (yuck!) - but many chains use the "chicken burger" name for their grilled chicken sandwiches.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
My 18yo is a big fan, the few times she has dragged me along, I really haven't been too impressed, I still like Wendy's
chix sandwich better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.