Admit it if you've eaten American fast food overseas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Had KFC in Morocco during Ramadan for lunch when everything else was closed. Not my first choice but surprisingly much better than KFC in the states.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Had McDonald's 15 minutes ago on Orchard Road in SIN after I checked into my hotel. Needed something quick and close.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Have eaten at MCD, KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut in South America, Australia and China. I thought everything was equal to the US except KFC. KFC seems better in the US.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by mustang281man
Have eaten at MCD, KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut in South America, Australia and China.
Do they offer fries at Taco Bells in South America? I was dumbfounded when the server asked me what size fries I wanted with my meal in Panama.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Tried McD in Japan. they had a McPork. Also while in France in 2000, had a McCanada.. No idea why it was called McCanada but it was just a regular burger..
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:53 pm

I have to confess I had Taco Bell today. Very glad there aren't very many of them here. It's a weakness
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I ate at McDonalds in Bangkok after exploring the Patpong night market years ago. Friends I was with hadn't eaten earlier and insisted on having a bite.

Also, more than once in London when on the way to the theatre and short on time.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:01 pm

Seeing this thread brought back excellent memories of my 1AM Qurrito quesadilla at a Prague KFC.

Also once had a fantastic bucket of chicken at a rest stop KFC on the A4 outside of Amsterdam.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:29 am

After several days of great Turkish food, some (surprisingly) tasty Popeye's didn't hurt in Antalya airport
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
I have to confess I had Taco Bell today. Very glad there aren't very many of them here. It's a weakness
Man, you aren't kidding. Can't imagine if we had one here I would think opening one in Amsterdam would be like printing money, though.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Starwood, Hertz, Marriott
I've had Mickey Ds in Abu Dhabi (I got in late, and the only thing open within walking distance of my hotel), and Tim Horton's and Starbucks in Dubai. I'm so ashamed...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by deadmessenger
I've had Mickey Ds in Abu Dhabi (I got in late, and the only thing open within walking distance of my hotel), and Tim Horton's and Starbucks in Dubai. I'm so ashamed...
You are granted absolution for Tim Horton's. Entirely understandable. And not American, I think.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:35 am

Over and over, my Spanish friends have dragged me into the local McDonalds and Burger King (over my protests). It's probably relevant that these are all young guys that eat a lot -- why pay for 6 tapas when you can just order three hamburgers and be done with it?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by JR14
Over and over, my Spanish friends have dragged me into the local McDonalds and Burger King (over my protests). It's probably relevant that these are all young guys that eat a lot -- why pay for 6 tapas when you can just order three hamburgers and be done with it?
Well, if you go for the chain tapas places, you can get most tapas for 1-1.5€, plus a big beer for 1.2€. Or you go for the places that offer free tapas with every drink etc.

Sure, if you compare upscale tapas places with fast food, then McDonalds wins.. but if you compare fast food chains with "fast food tapas" (I mean Lizarran, or even places like Mercado Provenzal..), then imho Tapas offer more bang for your bucks.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I suggest that, indicated in several posts here, to borrow from the American comics satirical character Pogo:

"They (our indigenous friends) have met the enemy and it is they."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.