Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

cereal eaters: how long does it take you to go through a box?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA

I'm talking the normal size boxes, not those jumbo ones.

How long will a box of cereal last in your home? I'm the only one that eats cereal in my house and I think I plow through a box every 4 days or so. I must be pouring big bowls.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I go in waves w/ cereal. If I get one I really like, I'm a vulture. If it's so-so, it could take up to a month.

I always have a box of cereal on hand at my desk -- much better office snack than the typical candy, chocolates, etc.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
I've got a family of 4, so one box might last us 2-3 days. However, my wife keeps us well-stocked with numerous brands of cereal, so each one tends to last longer. Costco is our friend.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:39 am
Suspended

I prefer not to eat the box - although they do say that sometimes it has more nutritional value that the cereal itself !
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
i've finished a box in a night...box of cereal, gallon of milk, its a good dinner...
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wow...4 days...1 night!
Seems like we have a bunch of cereal killers here!

*gets coat*
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Depends on the cereal, sometimes a few days, sometimes much much longer.

Hardly ever eat it with milk, usually it's as a topping for frozen yogurt, or as a late night snack.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:22 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
For me.. its anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 days.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by graraps
wow...4 days...1 night!
*RIMSHOT*

Oh that's bad.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:33 pm

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space has been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 18, 2008 at 8:47 am
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by sammy0623
i've finished a box in a night...box of cereal, gallon of milk, its a good dinner...
might as well go out and eat a nice dinner that is about $13 in dinner there!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think the more entertaining question is (for those of us who eat cereal every breakfast): 'how many months worth of cereal have you ever had stockpiled at once?'

I'll start -- it was/is about 18 months..... and my burn rate is about one box per 5 or 6 days, depending on the size.

No, it wasn't part of the Kellogg's AA promo..... but that was fun too! It was just one of the random promotions our local supermarket does from time to time: Buy X, get $10 back. I haven't actually 'paid' for cereal in about 5 years, and at various points I've had the store pay me to take it!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:03 pm

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space has been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 18, 2008 at 8:47 am
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hobo13
It was just one of the random promotions our local supermarket does from time to time: Buy X, get $10 back. I haven't actually 'paid' for cereal in about 5 years, and at various points I've had the store pay me to take it!
What supermarket is this???

Best promotion around here recently was 5 boxes of various cereals for $5. I bought 7 boxes of Life and 3 boxes of Cheerios for $10. We also go in waves, but we usually knock out a box of cereal every week.

Favorite cereals: Life and Honey Bunches of Oats or generic equivalent - my 2 1/2 year old calls this "cluster cereal". She's also a huge fan of mixing cereal. Just this morning, she had Life+Cheerios.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:16 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
graraps wrote: wow...4 days...1 night!

YRF wrote: Shame on you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.