Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

cereal eaters: how long does it take you to go through a box?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cereal eaters: how long does it take you to go through a box?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
About 3-4 days if it's Banana Nut Crunch. Love that stuff.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1P
Box of Cheerios lasts 7 to 10 days.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:15 am

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
I too go in waves, sometimes a box will go in two-three days other times gotta toss out the old stuff. Seems to go much faster in spring and summer when there is fresh fruit to put on it.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
My stint with weight watchers has me hooked on Fiber One - there are 2 bags in a box and each lasts 7-8 days, so just over 2 weeks per box. I've had up to 14 boxes in the house after a sale, but I took a lot of ribbing from friends and family over that one (guess I didn't hide them well enough).
Old Jun 20, 2008, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

I still can't get over my surprise at seeing a thread about cereal on FT. It is here, though, so I am compelled to provide this public service announcement:
Dear Cereal Killers:
Are you trying to kill me??!! Please stop!!
Sincerely,
Your Pancreas
I can provide a whole lot more information for anyone who may be interested. Most cereal killers probably won't want to hear it, so I won't climb up on my soapbox unless urged to do so.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 4:26 pm

LOL - great thread!!

I'm a big ceral eater and am pregnant right now so my taste in cereal has been changing on a near-daily basis. One day, Lucky Charms is the golden ticket and the next day, the thought of it nearly makes me ill so I haven't finished a box in months -- they're all stacked up in the pantry. My husband won't touch the stuff (it's probably time to start dumping some of it).
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
I think I have enough Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios for about 3 months after the sale I just took advantage of...5 boxes for $10 with a free gallon of milk thrown in. I did one trip and girlfriend did one...6 box of CTC and 4 of Honey Nut and 2 gallons of milk: $20.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:31 pm

A week for me...
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Kashi Go Lean Crunch

3 days
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Maybe a week.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P, DL Gold, SPG Gold
It varies by which cereals are in my rotation (I usually have multiple types of cereal on hand at any given time). It takes me about a week to polish off a box of Special K w/berries by myself. It takes me about two to three weeks to go through a box of Raisin bran.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:55 pm

I was eating a bowl of Kix when I saw this thread .

Cereals that get eaten the fastest at my house are:
Golden Grahams, Pops, Fruity or Chocolate Pebbles, Lucky Charms, Trix, Honeycomb, Cookie Crisp, Life, Life Cinnamon, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, frosted mini wheats, and other similar cereals that are unhealthy.

Favorite "healthy cereals" that take more than a week to consume are:
Granola, Grape Nut Trail Mix crunch (used to love this stuff, but I think it has high fructose corn syrup and figured why bother with a fake healthy cereal when I can just eat the good stuff instead), Kix, Wheaties, Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Special K

Cereals that usually end up being thrown out because they take too long to consume:
Any small unknown brand organic cereal we have tried, experiment cereals (Waffle Crisp), oatmeal.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
My wife and kids eat a different kind every morning. They might have 5 boxes open at once and take a few weeks to cycle though their open boxes.

However, once I open a box I eat that same cereal every morning until it's gone. Average box lasts 5 days for me, but then I might go weeks without eating cereal again.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:08 pm

Programs: I have commitment issues.
ftnoob, are you pro-cereal or anti-cereal?
pls elaborate...

i await your public service announcement.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 7:49 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by cricketdog
I'm a big ceral eater and am pregnant right now...
I certainly haven't read everything on FT forums, but this immediately went to the top of my list of heart-crushing posts. cricketdog, please, please, please, as an absolute minimum, read this article then buy yourself a glucose meter and start using it immediately. better yet, eliminate junk food like cereal (as well as soda, bread, and so on) from your diet. It is one thing for cereal killers to abuse their own bodies, quite another to take risks with the health of others.

alief, I am a reformed cereal killer. I learned the truth too late to avoid the consequences. My advice is to avoid the stuff altogether unless genetic testing has shown you to be immune to the ravages of metabolic syndrome...or you don't happen to care about preserving your health.

Don't fall for the whole grain scam the food manufacturers are pulling, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.