Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Leftover Pizza? Cold or hot? How long before eating? How to reheat? Etc.

Leftover Pizza? Cold or hot? How long before eating? How to reheat? Etc.

Old Apr 13, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Like most here I stay away from the microwave. I ALWAYS reheat my pizza on the stovetop though...

low heat, about 5-7 minutes and the pizza tastes just like you ordered it. PLUS, it makes the crust incredible...many times, I'll just toss a new pizza into the fridge, wait for it to cool down, then reheat it on the stovetop.

but i'm weird.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 4:53 pm

deleted

Last edited by SkeptiCallie; Nov 3, 2008 at 9:03 pm
Old Apr 13, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Ecotone- you are NOT weird, just absolutely correct!

Originally Posted by ECOTONE
Like most here I stay away from the microwave. I ALWAYS reheat my pizza on the stovetop though... low heat, about 5-7 minutes and the pizza tastes just like you ordered it. PLUS, it makes the crust incredible...many times, I'll just toss a new pizza into the fridge, wait for it to cool down, then reheat it on the stovetop. but i'm weird.
My little brother, the chef, taught me the right way. ALWAYS do it stovetop-- never, ever microwave or toaster oven. Pop a few pieces into a non-stick frying pan on low heat. Sometimes I place a loose cover on top of the pan. Patience and low heat is the key. You'll get a crusty bottom and perfect melt on top.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:57 pm

What is this "leftover pizza" of which you speak?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Originally Posted by kipper
So I shouldn't have had the pizza from Monday tonight?
Depends how much time you want to spend on the toilet.......
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ilgoldstein
What is this "leftover pizza" of which you speak?
Yes, if you want save the pizzas for next couple days. Whatever if you depend how much longer the pizzas. You don't have to thrown pizzas away. Perhaps, its should be keep your pizzas in the refrigeration for couple days later.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:42 am

Programs: UA Silver
Toaster oven, on foil, with the foil pulled over the crust so it doesn't burn before the rest of it heats up.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:40 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
I do remember one time in college, we left the leftover pizza in it's box and then placed the box on top of the radioator, it was nice and warm in the morning.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
usually there's not enough left over for leftovers.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:59 am

Little Cesars has a large pepperoni and cheese for $5.00. Not the best, but it's only $5.00 and my teenager daughter loves them.

2 days at most in the cooler for pizza.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:03 am

I just had the last of my leftover from Saturday. I had it cold and right in front of my computer in my office.

drew
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
I have to say that my personal preference in the morning is for hot pizza from the toaster oven (just had some this morning), although I will say that I this thread has given me inspiration to try stovetop.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: AA PLT
I can't do cold pizza, even the thought of it makes me nauseous. I will eat it hot, max 2-3 days old, and I prefer the oven method, though micro will do in a pinch.

I'm definitely going to try the stovetop method though, once I thought about it, I could imagine it will be the perfect way to do it. Thanks for the tip! ^
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I tried the stovetop / frypan method last night. It took forever on low heat, so I upped it time and time again until I could smell a difference.

Result: crispy, slightly toasty (thin & crispy, now crispier, base) pizza for Mrs BB. FT is in her good books now.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:45 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
kipper:

Leave it out for about a week, then serve it up to your mother in law. She'll get with the program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.