Hebrew National: Has the taste changed?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2007, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Hebrew National: Has the taste changed?

Is it just me, or are Hebrew National dogs and franks saltier now? The one I'm eating right now is seemingly really salty.
Old May 26, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I haven't had one in a month or so, but did not notice any change in the taste at the time.
Old May 26, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
what's weird is that I didn't even read the thread content before thinking "yea, they've gotten saltier"
Old May 28, 2007, 12:10 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The taste may very well be saltier, but Hebrew National frankfurters are still my favorite.

They must be well-done, and accompanied by authentic delicatessen mustard. Sometimes a heaping portion of sauerkraut is in order.

I tend to now eat the reduced fat ones, as they taste similarly to the full-fat ones. The fat-free ones tend to have a smoky, spicy flavor, almost like a sausage.
Old May 28, 2007, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Is it just me, or are Hebrew National dogs and franks saltier now? The one I'm eating right now is seemingly really salty.

I can't believe I'm reading this post today. Last night I had them and commented on how salty they were. They were awful.

Bobette
Old May 28, 2007, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I tend to now eat the reduced fat ones, as they taste similarly to the full-fat ones.
I noticed that the reduced-fat ones have fillers like some kind of starch (potato?) that the regular ones don't have
Old May 28, 2007, 1:05 pm

Programs: 1K
This thread piqued my interest (again) in trying HN dogs. So we bought them and had one for lunch yesterday. I thought they were a little salty but aside from that they were just ok. Kind of subtle flavouring.... I guess I'd buy them again, but wouldn't necessarily go out of my way. Maybe we should try the fat-free version. Sounds like they might have more 'kick.'

DD
Old May 29, 2007, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Mmmmmm...Costco hot dogs. ^
Old May 29, 2007, 5:35 pm

Nathan's
Old May 29, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: ADL, ACLU, NRA, HRC, NCLR, WBCA
I think the salty taste is a feature :-)

Sadly, our genes have caught up with us, and we can no longer eat the "regular" Hebes. The low fat ones are still plenty greasy, and taste about the same if cooked on the stove, but they don't grill as nicely.

The no fat ones are icky!
Old May 30, 2007, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA, US, DL, UA, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by swei0009
I think the salty taste is a feature :-)

Sadly, our genes have caught up with us, and we can no longer eat the "regular" Hebes. The low fat ones are still plenty greasy, and taste about the same if cooked on the stove, but they don't grill as nicely.

The no fat ones are icky!
Since they are only 1 point on weight watchers (Pathmark Lite buns are also only 1 pt), I tend to eat the Fat Free ones regularly. I found that if you put an X in each end of the hot dog, it plumps up on the grill nicely. I also like lots of brown mustard, onions and relish so the hot dog is pretty well "flavored"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.