Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best & worst Bourbon?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by jackal
Had a half pour each of WhistlePig Rye and Jefferson’s Reserve Ocean Aged with dinner tonight. Both quite good and of course very different, but I think I preferred the WhistlePig.

They had Elijah Craig 18, but I passed based on recommendations here that it’s over-aged.

Other high-rye options from their tasting serieswere 1792 Full Proof, Angel’s Envy, Blanton’s Gold Edition, Blanton’s Special Reserve, Booker’s Bluegrass, Four Roses Single Barrel, and Old Bones 10 Year. On the high wheat side, they had Garrison Bros. Texas, Old 55, and Willett Pot. Hope I didn’t massively miss out on anything I should have sampled!
Were you over in Europe? Blantons Gold and Blantons Special Reserve are not sold in the USA.... might be worth trying....

FDW
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:12 pm

Picked up KY Owl rye and it’s drinking really nicely. Can’t wait to see how it is after being open a bit.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:32 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thelark
Picked up KY Owl rye and it’s drinking really nicely. Can’t wait to see how it is after being open a bit.
where are you located these days? I don't think that the KY Owl is being distributed our ways....

fdw
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
where are you located these days? I don't think that the KY Owl is being distributed our ways....

fdw
fdw I'm now in dfw
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:07 am

fdw I'm now in dfw
Ahh I see what you did there....

Shame you left.. Schawan just released a Four Roses and Old Weller Antique barrel....

FDW
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:36 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Shawan! Love those guys there
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Ahh I see what you did there....

Shame you left.. Schawan just released a Four Roses and Old Weller Antique barrel....

FDW
dang they usually have great picks too - would've grabbed a case of OWA. assuming it's 4rbp - what's the mash bill?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by DSI
Shawan! Love those guys there
Yep me too

dang they usually have great picks too - would've grabbed a case of OWA. assuming it's 4rbp - what's the mash bill?
They were limiting sales to 1 bottle per person.. too many people I guess buying cases in the past...

4R is OESK. 9 years 9 months bottled at 110 proof

FDW
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Just changed jobs - boss has several empty Pappy bottles on a shelf in his office.

Stay tuned
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Madone59
Just changed jobs - boss has several empty Pappy bottles on a shelf in his office.

Stay tuned
Still in search of my first Pappy or BTAC - hoping to find some success in NC this year or perhaps I'll splurge at the DL JFK T4 SkyClub during an upcoming 3 hour layover before a TATL Y flight.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Still in search of my first Pappy or BTAC - hoping to find some success in NC this year or perhaps I'll splurge at the DL JFK T4 SkyClub during an upcoming 3 hour layover before a TATL Y flight.
Don't splurge in the Sky Club. JW Marriott Desert Springs in Phoenix has a huge stash. Both the bartender and restaurant manager confirmed they have a "direct line" to the source so they sell it at a legitimately fair price. Just go there for a weekend get away.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
If you're ever in Baltimore give me a call.. might be able to work something out..

FDW
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59

Stay tuned
please don’t sell them - or drill a hole in the bottom if you do. Too many fakes.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:06 pm

Picked this up this past weekend at the local Total Wine. They only received in 2 bottles.

No clue how it is but I figured it be a cool bottle to have.

Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Picked this up this past weekend at the local Total Wine. They only received in 2 bottles.

No clue how it is but I figured it be a cool bottle to have.

Thank you for posting this. We were just at Four Roses last week when we did the Bourbon Trail and learned about their barrel strength bourbon. As four roses is one of my husband's favorite, I was able to contact our local BevMo and they are holding a bottle for me. It will make a nice gift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.