Bacon [merged threads]

Bacon [merged threads]

Old May 14, 2003, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bacon [merged threads]

Bacon is my favorite food group.

It is so great.

I recall that Elvis is said to have consumed a good deal of bacon.

I often consume about a half to three quarters of a pound. Then I will fry up 4 eggs in the bacon fat. Yum! Save room for lunch, though! That's ham and cheese time!

I love this Niman Ranch bacon, thick sliced, real cold smoked, no funny ingredients added. This stuff is so good it ought to be illegal.

When you use no-nitite bacon, you have to consume it after you open it. It starts to smell off in a few days after opening, so best to eat it all at once. Okay, no prob.

I have tried all ways of cooking bacon. Since I will make the whole package at once, I tried putting it all in a big crowd, overlapping on a single skillet. Works but not well. Takes a long time, for thick sliced bacon.

The microwave: no, doesn't work well for more than a few slices, and not appealing even for those.

I hit on it. The oven. Preheat to 400 degrees. Put the baon in an oven-safe skillet overlapping, whatever. Put it in, set timer, give a half turn to the pan in about 8 minutes. For thick sliced it takes about 15 minutes or so and the bacon comes out just perfect. Much better than on the stove.

Do you love bacon as much as I do?
Old May 14, 2003, 8:00 pm

maybe not quite as much... but a whole lot.

And I love sunny-side-up eggs cooked in deep bacon fat.

Them eggs better be fresh, 'tho!

Old May 14, 2003, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mmmmmmmm, bacon.
Old May 15, 2003, 4:29 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
<<Do you love bacon as much as I do? >>

Oh my Lord, yes! I can easily eat a pound at a time if I let myself. And I would more often if good British bacon was more readily available!
Old May 15, 2003, 6:56 am

My wife hasn't eaten meat in 20 years but says that if she ever went back, it would be for bacon.
Old May 15, 2003, 7:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sully242:
My wife hasn't eaten meat in 20 years but says that if she ever went back, it would be for bacon.</font>
Glad to hear it

I LOVE BACON. It has to be one of the finest foods put on this earth. Pound at time is just fine with me. My doctor might have something to say about it, but it's just soooo yummy.
Old May 15, 2003, 7:43 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
The best bacon in the world is Hillbilly Bacon from Simone's IGA in Weir, Kansas.
Old May 15, 2003, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...bacon!
Old May 15, 2003, 8:47 am

A friend and I go running on Thursday nights. After we run, we go to get burritos to negate any positive health effects the running may have had on us.

The burrito place we go to (Chipotle in Beverly Hills) always asks me if it's OK that there's bacon in the refried beans. This question always annoys me. Not only is it OK, it's the reason I go there!!!
Old May 15, 2003, 11:54 am

Bacon is nature's perfect food.
Old May 15, 2003, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Pig,
If I am not mistaken,
Provides us sausage,
Ham and bacon.

Let others say,
His heart is big,
I call it stupid,
Of The Pig.

Ogden Nash
Old May 15, 2003, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
No doubt that Niman Ranch bacon is nothing short of awesome. Puts the usual Bar S and all the other Costco stuff to shame.

I gotta try the oven trick. Thanks, Richard.
Old May 15, 2003, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone ever tried soy bacon?
Old May 15, 2003, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Morrissey:
Has anyone ever tried soy bacon?</font>
that's funny!! good joke!!
Old May 15, 2003, 1:54 pm

There's a place in Chicago called the Prodigal Son that has baskets o'bacon every Wednesday night.

Their solution to the dilemma on how to cook so much bacon? Deep fry.

From Metromix:

This atypical Lincoln Park bar has live music six nights a week and a menu featuring 12 different types of grilled cheese. Among the 12, the artichoke cheese and chicken pesto are most unusual. Available for munching are fried pickles, mini-tacos and corn dogs. Wednesday nights offer all-you-can-eat bacon (um, yeah) and there are plenty of imported beers to choose from.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.