Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pizza Places in the USA [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by msit
The best pizza place in New York, also happens to be well-placed for flyers. It's about 15 minutes from JFK.

It's called Amore's (or maybe just Amore) and it's constantly ranked as one of the best pizza places in Queens, but on my list it's the best in NYC. It's a neighborhood joint, with ridiculously good pies that never sit around (because there's enough volume that they don't last more than two minutes on the counter).

The sauce is this sweet, wonderful bit. The cheese is good, but not overwhelming. The crust is thin, and stays together without being overly crispy or chewy. The topping, if you really want any on top of that damn good slice, are also excellent. I'm telling you, this is a great slice.

If you have a layover, grab an Uber and check this place out.@:-)
If you have a long enough layover at JFK to leave for Pizza I suggest checking out Villa Maria in East Rockaway too.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
NYT story on Chris Bianco. It's not clear to me whether he's getting out of the business or just spending his time in the non-pizza restaurant.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/di...rsm=Email&_r=0
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
When in Seattle: Do your taste buds a favor and try Pagliacci Pizza. They have probably 10 locations around seattle and certain suburbs. Great pizza!

Also, we have Roundtable and it has always been a great pie.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:35 pm

When your travels bring you to CAK, I recommend Luigi's if you're in downtown Akron. I order it for takeout at least 3X a month, if not more.

If you're headed towards Canton, Barbaro's is supposed to be very good as well.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ginoa724
When your travels bring you to CAK, I recommend Luigi's if you're in downtown Akron. I order it for takeout at least 3X a month, if not more.

If you're headed towards Canton, Barbaro's is supposed to be very good as well.
I thing Luigi's is more (locally) famous for their cheese topped salads than their pizzas (which are quite fine)

In Canton, Italo's is a longtime favorite, as is Kraus'. I'm not sure either warrant inclusion on a list of best in the US, however fond I am of my childhood pizza.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
If your ever in Little Rock and craving pizza, Damgoode Pies is fantastic. Three different crust types, 8 sauce choices. Nothing fancy but always tasty.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Riverview Pizza in Ipswich, MA is the best I have ever had. And I've had a lot of pizza...but this is basically asking 'what's your favorite color?'
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hengilas
Riverview Pizza in Ipswich, MA is the best I have ever had. And I've had a lot of pizza...but this is basically asking 'what's your favorite color?'
That's the truth! Pizza is a personal thing. What one person raves over others think just okay.. But seriously no recs for a pie in the Sarasota Bradenton area? Or even Tampa ?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
I have found traveling all over the USA, that the best pizza is usually from a hole-in-the-wall type place; not a fancy restaurant. However, that usually is because I like my pies with sweet sauce, fresh veggies and meats, and real mozzarella cheese. This usually is a greasy type NY-style pizza. Imitation Mozzarella does not seem to create the same oils on top of the pie that intermingle the flavors.

Here in South Florida, this means Antonio's in Miramar and Steve's in North Miami.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
I thing Luigi's is more (locally) famous for their cheese topped salads than their pizzas (which are quite fine)

In Canton, Italo's is a longtime favorite, as is Kraus'. I'm not sure either warrant inclusion on a list of best in the US, however fond I am of my childhood pizza.
They're usually rated #1 or #2 by the Beacon for Pizza and/or Italian Restaurants. But I don't disagree that the cheese with salad is highly popular.

Even though I work next to CAK, I don't get down to Canton very often, but I might be inclined to try a few places down there now that I'm traveling down that way more.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Otto Pizza up in Portland, Maine is quite good. Not as big a fan of some of their more experimental varieties, but they do a mean thin-crust pepperoni that I could eat all day long.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Anyone else been to the original Regina Pizza in Boston?

The crust was fantastic but the sauce and cheese were just meh'
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Otto Pizza up in Portland, Maine is quite good. Not as big a fan of some of their more experimental varieties, but they do a mean thin-crust pepperoni that I could eat all day long.
I'm somewhat annoyed with myself for going to Otto back in July, but not taking a camera so I could do a proper writeup for my blog, since I rather enjoyed Otto.

Good place.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:02 am

Home Slice in Austin, TX is pretty damn good.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by Madone59
Anyone else been to the original Regina Pizza in Boston?

The crust was fantastic but the sauce and cheese were just meh'
I used to go when essentially the only alternatives for that style were
it and Santarpio's. The crust was fine unless (as an acquaintance of
mine used to do) one ordered extra oil and extra cheese, in which case
the pie came in a big bowl and the crust sogged up immediately. With
extra oil, the sauce was decent. Cheese, whatever, it was cheese -
at least real. I ought to go back sometime just for old times' sake, but
now my Boston dining companions are more well-heeled and inclined to
find slightly tonier places to eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.